Which is the best Antivirus for Real-Time protection (Heuristic / Behaviour)?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Free for users: 360 TSE with BD engine active (Optionally Avast Free with custom setup with Minimal Protection)
Free for business: Windows Defender (not like there are other choices, Comodo AV is not even worth mentioning)

Paid for users: Bitdefender or Kaspersky (both are light and effective)
Paid for business: ESET (zero false positives with good heuristics)

Special note: Windows Defender is the best choice for careless setup, like for my mom or for customers. :cool:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Used A2 some years ago but I am a recent convert to Emsisoft: I really like lack of add-ons such as cleaners, system monitors etc. Why I never tried Emsisoft over the past few months I'm not sure as I tried most. Will probably stick with Emsisoft for the foreseeable future on all 3 of my PC's that are owned by me - Great product IMHO.

Reactions: AtlBo

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
You could base this too on the "scope" of the protection, and if you do EmsiSoft would ba a leader for sure, but posters here that say "there is no best" are correct, it is up to the individual to decide that based on their tastes and preferences, all of the ones listed are a good starting point for the OP.
Good Luck in your search.

Reactions: ZeroDay and AtlBo

vinylmeister

Level 2
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
A German security expert, Mike Kuketz, posted a nice blog post today.

AntiVirus Scanner: More risk than protection? Snakeoil part 1

Antiviren-Scanner: Mehr Risiko als Schutz? – Snakeoil Teil1 • Kuketz IT-Security Blog

Well, post is in German, but you know how to help yourself :cool:

Now there is part 2 and 3 of the series available:

Antiviren-Scanner: Nur ein Sicherheitsgefühl? – Snakeoil Teil2 • Kuketz IT-Security Blog

Alternativen zu Anti-Viren-Software – Snakeoil Teil3 • Kuketz IT-Security Blog

Have fun :cool:

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
My sequence would be like this:

Real time Set zero-day: Norton >> Bitdefender >> Eset
Heurístic: Kaspersky >> Avast >> Avira
PUP: Emsisoft >> Zemana >> Malwarebytes
Cloud: Panda

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Personally, I wouldn't say that Dr. Web has the best Behaviour Blocker, but by far the best signatures. The signatures are very light and block a lot. A signature can cover the whole type of malware. If you set the Behaviour Blocker to the highest level, you will achieve a anti-exe software. And nothing is better than a enti-exe! :p Defender is not a bad choice either!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.