Kaspersky Application Control - KIS 2017 bug?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Your browser should be well protected out of the box with code injection into web pages.
Kaspersky, differs from many other products in the way it protects you when browsing. Kaspersky injects code into pages you are browsing to better protect you from malware.It is possible to be infected on secured web pages by carefully crafted "advertisements".
As to PDF's you could do that or invest in HMPA.
@harlan4096 can further elaborate:)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Your browser should be well protected out of the box with code injection into web pages.
Kaspersky, differs from many other products in the way it protects you when browsing. Kaspersky injects code into pages you are browsing to better protect you from malware.It is possible to be infected on secured web pages by carefully crafted "advertisements".
As to PDF's you could do that or invest in HMPA.
@harlan4096 can further elaborate:)
I have disabled code injection in secure web pages, because it makes them inaccessible. For instance, I would not be able to load MT.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Strange I don't have that issue!
I do however get a slight delay in loading of webpages with it enabled but I can live with that.
just wondering: if you have the kaspersky extension in the browser, why do you also need scanning from the AV? Aside from special functions, such as parental control, etc.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Script injection controls proper functioning of these special features:
Sin título.png
Although You disable it, You still are protected in traffic level by Web AV.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I have disabled the KIS extension from the browser and rely on the av module only:)
any problem with doing it the other way around, aside from the fact that you lose certain special functions, such as parental, and safe money?

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Script injection controls proper functioning of these special features:
Although You disable it, You still are protected in traffic level by Web AV.
why is it that on my version of KIS, which is 2017, the pop-up does not mention a limitation on secure data input?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 411

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I just want to make sure I understand: there is a virtual keyboard, and there is encrypting keystrokes on the regular keyboard.
which one of these is "secure data input"?
You would use the virtual keyboard which provides that level of security!There is no encrypting on your hardware keyboard.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You would use the virtual keyboard which provides that level of security!There is no encrypting on your hardware keyboard.
I thought that Kaspersky used to scramble keystrokes. Did they discontinue this, or did I misunderstand?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@shmu26: in Your post #33 You are referring to "Scan Encrypted Connections" and I was referring to Traffic Processing -> Script Injection.

Kaspersky Data Input is operational (if Script Injection On) in default browsers: IE, Chrome & FireFox. Also in Edge in the upcoming K2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.