Advice Request Kaspersky blocks dl7.zemana.com

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Yesterday I give a look at Zemana site and KAspersky blocked "dl7.zemana.com".
2.PNG
1.PNG

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Hello,
Yesterday I give a look at Zemana site and KAspersky blocked "dl7.zemana.com".
View attachment 257041
View attachment 257040
You had a similar post for a github site and people already told you that it's just an invalid certificate. You should only be careful when entering passwords or other personal information on such unprotected sites, but as it's a download page you don't need to worry. :)

Last edited:

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
You had a similar post for a github site and people already told you that it's just an invalid certificate. You should only be careful when entering passwords or other personal information on such unprotected sites, but as it's a download page you don't need to worry. :)

K. is only warning that You have to be cautious accessing that site because no certificate, no https or outdated certificate...

Thanks.
Well, Kaspersky is warning... but there is no visible alarm and I saw this block only when I open the reports.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Right, but without alert it is difficult to know that a certificate is osolete ...
Normally the browser notifies you when there is an invalid certificate. As the website above doesn't lead to anything I can't check that out in that case...

Normally you should get such a blockpage without the need of an extra notification of your AV:
net-err-cert-authority-invalid-edge.png

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Normally the browser notifies you when there is an invalid certificate. As the website above doesn't lead to anything I can't check that out in that case...

Normally you should get such a blockpage without the need of an extra notification of your AV:
View attachment 257085
Hum, I can access at "domain.com" without any blockage:unsure:
3.PNG

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
It was an example from google pictures. The website most likely fixed everything long ago. I just wanted to show you how normally such a blockpage looks like.

Here you can test your browser: badssl.com
Thanks @SecureKongo for the site with browser tests. I run some of them and Kaspersky did not block all.
Is it dangerous ?
Do I need to change some settings ?
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG

Reactions: Venustus and Kongo

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.