Advice Request Kaspersky Disk Monitor reporting SSD as 0% Health

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I bought a new laptop last week and yesterday Kaspersky nearly caused me a heart attack by reporting one of my SSDs was at 0% health. Hard disk sentinel and HWInfo both report the SSD as 100% health. Anything I can do to fix this or should I just turn off Kaspersky's disk monitoring in that computer? Kaspersky is updated and so are all the drivers and it was correctly reporting 100% health until yesterday.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It's possible that Kaspersky's disk monitoring feature may be incorrectly reporting the health of your SSD. Since Hard Disk Sentinel and HWInfo are both reporting the SSD as 100% health, it's likely that Kaspersky's monitoring is providing inaccurate information.

If you haven't already, you can try restarting your computer to see if that resolves the issue. If the problem persists, you may consider disabling Kaspersky's disk monitoring specifically for that computer or contacting Kaspersky's support team for further assistance.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Found a post on Kaspersky Forums. Seems to be a known bug:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.