Advice Request Kaspersky Endpoint Security Custom Install Info needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
harlan,

I checked out Kaspersky website. I was thinking of trying Kaspersky Internet Security. But its quite limited on Win 10.

Limitations mentioned are -

1 If you’re using Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, we cannot guarantee that the My Kaspersky portal and security management functions will operate correctly.

2 At this time, the functionality of the following components is partially limited when using Windows 10: System Watcher, System memory scan, Self-Defense. Product installation and operation is not supported when Device Guard is turned on. Product is not intended to operate on Windows 10 Mobile editions. For full details on the limitations, please visit Limitations in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 after upgrade to Windows 10.

3 Some product features might work on 32-bit operating systems only.

When you upgrade Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 to Windows 10 on a computer with Kaspersky Anti-Virus installed or install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 on Windows 10, on first startup Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 will run the adaptation process (in the meantime, protection will be paused).

Important! To ensure fully-functional operation of Kaspersky Lab products on Windows 10, install the operating system with Zero Day Patch.

After the process has been completed, protection will resume. However, the following components will operate with limitations:

• Self-Defense
  • System Watcher (limitations in detecting some objects)
  • System memory scan
  • Protection against screen lockers
  • Protection against cryptoviruses
If Device Guard is enabled in Windows 10 settings, the following features will work with restrictions:

• Rootkit Scan (disinfection during the computer restart; detection of malware in the system registry which runs automatically at computer startup).
  • Heuristic Analysis feature (emulates running suspicious files).
Please note:

• The product will not work correctly on Windows 10 if Device Guard is enabled via patches and updates.
  • Kaspersky Lab products do not support Microsoft Edge web browser.
  • The product is not compatible with mobile versions of Windows 10.
I guess KES is better than KIS on Win 10 i.e KES 10 doesn't have these limitations on Win 10, right?

Reactions: Logethica

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Most of those limitations have been fixed yet in 2016MR1, We have been long discussed previously about this topic in this forum.

Almost all the security suites have limitations on W10 and in general in x64 systems, but They just don't publish them in their user guides, do search info about it in this forum (Kaspersky section).

About KES10, I've found in my KES10 that there is a GUI bug, I have some duplicates applications that there were in Low Restricted and I moved to Trust, and still are in both groups, to fix this, just drag with mouse those duplicate applications from Low Restricted group to Trust.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Most of those limitations have been fixed yet in 2016MR1, We have been long discussed previously about this topic in this forum.

Almost all the security suites have limitations on W10 and in general in x64 systems, but They just don't publish them in their users guides, jusy search info about it in this forum (Kaspersky section).

About KES10, I've found in my KES10 that there is a GUI bug, I have some duplicates applications that there were in Low Restricted and I moved to Trust, and still are in both groups, to fix this, just drag with mouse those duplicate applications from Low Restricted group to Trust.
Got it.

For now I deleted the rules in low restricted & started those programs again & now only in trusted & no duplicates in low restricted.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
harlan,

How is the compatibility scenario of KES with OS?
i.e do Kaspersky provides KES compatibility with Operating Systems in time?
Like Win 10 will be getting a major upgrade version not so far now. Is the current KES compatible for the upcoming major upgrade or Kaspersky will provide compatibility before the major upgrade release of Win 10?

So, How is Kaspersky compatibility or support scenario with OS regards both KES i.e business products & KIS i.e home products?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
More recent version of KES10 is compatible with W10: Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (for workstations)

About support, in general Kaspersky corporate products always take a bit longer (than home products) to be compatible with new operating systems, but I think it is normal, usually internal testing in corporate products are heavier, and in general migrations in firms are not/should not be so fast than in home users.

About KES10 processes... do You mean the main ones (avp.exe) or in general ALL THE PROCESSES? o_O:oops::D

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
More recent version of KES10 is compatible with W10: Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (for workstations)

About support, in general Kaspersky corporate products always take a bit longer (than home products) to be compatible with new operating systems, but I think it is normal, usually internal testing in corporate products are heavier, and in general migrations in firms are not/should not be so fast than in home users.

About KES10 processes... do You mean the main ones (avp.exe) or in general ALL THE PROCESSES? o_O:oops::D

I think, if I understand correctly
He asked, processes name and total ram usage..

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have done custom install as you know.
I have 2 processes named Kaspersky Endpoint Security & 1 process named Kaspersky Seamless Update Service, these processes are correct, right?

Sometimes I see a Kaspersky process named something WMI x64, is this correct?

Win 10 64

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
KES10 (managed by KSC10) running in W10 Pro x86:

Sin_t_tulo.png

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
harlan,

Its like 2nd screenshot WMI x64. So this is correct process, right?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Total 4 KES processes here on my Win 10 64 Home laptop.
3 processes are always there & 1 process i.e WMI x64 helper appears only for some time after system boot.

Attached is the screenshot

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have KES on Win 10 Home Edition. And Win 10 Home Edition has automatic windows updates i.e no manual windows updates option.
And you say KES takes longer to be compatible with new OS. So could this be prob for me on Win 10 Home Edition?
Do you think I would be better with KIS?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I also have all those Kaspersky processes here:
Sin_t_tulo.png

KES10 is compatible now with W10, I guess possible upcoming new updates for W10 would not be so hard than TH2, so main kernel/features would not change much or enough to get KES10 incompatible...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I also have all those Kaspersky processes here:

KES10 is compatible now with W10, I guess possible upcoming new updates for W10 would not be so hard than TH2, so main kernel/features would not change much or enough to get KES10 incompatible...
Why I am not able to view this screenshot?

I am able to see this screenshot only when I reply this post.

Your previous screenshots were fine.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Strange, now I am able to view that screenshot.

By the way, you too have done custom install or full install?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I did a full install, but from KSC10 I changed the KES10 policy, and disabled some modules :D

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
For "Application Startup Control"...are there any default rules/policy or you have to create rules/policy to use ASC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.