Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Probably not :oops: Can you give me more information?
here is what I did for those PCs. KFA doesn't have "scan for weak settings..."
for KSCF, I also use scan "on execution" in file anti-virus

I hate scan for rootkit and idle scan because they are useless and never detect anything (because kaspersky is so good). They randomly cause high CPU usage and freeze the weak PC (rootkit scan)

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    68.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    75.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    59 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
here is what I did for those PCs. KFA doesn't have "scan for weak settings..."
for KSCF, I also use scan "on execution" in file anti-virus

I hate scan for rootkit and idle scan because they are useless and never detect anything. They randomly cause high CPU usage and freeze the weak PC (rootkit scan)
Thanks and bookmarked (y)
Something to do in 2019...

numike

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2018
what is your opinion on the numerous Kaspersky premium update packadges that I see on Ebay are they legit and is it recommend to upgrade to premium and purchase the update on ebay? Thank you

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
In the 2nd You can tweak the main protection modules, and also has some extra features... and to activate You need to do via "My Kaspersky" service.
Does cloud edition have virus definitions or is it pure cloud? What are the settings that I can change in cloud edition and do I need to have a My Kaspersky account?

I'm using Defender now and I'm not that satisfied. :D

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
It's tough deciding between KFA and KSC Free. The second has slightly more bloat, but you can tweak more settings. So in theory you can get more protection and/or performance. Don't understand why they keep 2 free versions alive, but both are great and recommended.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Signature + KSN it's the same as the other products KIS/KTS/KAV/KFA...

Yes, You need account in "My Kaspersky" to activate it...

KSCloudF has some extra settings to protect typed password...
Thank you! Is the activation then permanent or I need to activate it every year like that was the case with some antiviruses? Once it's activated can I delete the account, or do I need to have it like with Bitdefender Free?
It's tough deciding between KFA and KSC Free. The second has slightly more bloat, but you can tweak more settings. So in theory you can get more protection and/or performance. Don't understand why they keep 2 free versions alive, but both are great and recommended.
Can these settings be changed in cloud edition?
Screenshot_1.png

I really hope bloatware can be uninstalled.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Thank you! Is the activation then permanent or I need to activate it every year like that was the case with some antiviruses? Once it's activated can I delete the account, or do I need to have it like with Bitdefender Free?

Can these settings be changed in cloud edition?
View attachment 205313

I really hope bloatware can be uninstalled.
Yes, you can change those settings in the cloud edition.
There is no bloatware installed, but you see for example a recommendation to use their password manager on the main screen.
No need for it, because I'm already using LastPass which has more to offer in their free version.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.