App Review Kaspersky Free Antivirus 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Kaspersky Free test!

Kaspersky Lab is a Russian publisher, leader in the world of computer security.
They have developed a free antivirus for a few years, named Kaspersky Free, then Kaspersky Security Cloud but the publisher is starting again under the name Kaspersky Free.

The software sees its interface completely redone, I find it very nice and pleasant!
The shields and settings are quite numerous.

In protection, Kaspersky is very effective!
Efforts on its RAM consumption have been made, even if it remains a bit heavy during an analysis.

Watch my review on Odysee !

RAM Usage : Light
Phishing Test : 4/5 (1 missed)
Malware URL test : 10/10 (all detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 46 files to 152. The remaining files do not start. Kaspersky has disinfected them and some are dead.
Resistance to script attacks: Very good . Kaspersky has blocked all attacks (quarantine)

Result :
- Hitman Pro : 1 (Temp file - detected by Sophos engine / PUA)
- NPE : 0
- ESET : 0

@cryogent request

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Good test, So my conclusion is that BD free 2022 did better on this same test (y) 9 Remaning to 152
thx for test Shadowra!

You can say that, but Kaspersky preferred to disinfect the files than to delete them :)
You can set this, but I didn't want to change the settings, just like Bitdefender Free.

Abdel-Rezak

Level 1
Verified
Dec 2, 2018
How can I download this new Kaspersky free 2022 please?
This is my Kaspersky Security Cloud Free installed on Windows 11 and work perfectly.

MY KASPERSKY SECURITY CLOUD FREE2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sorrento

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
How can I download this new Kaspersky free 2022 please?
This is my Kaspersky Security Cloud Free installed on Windows 11 and work perfectly.

View attachment 265239
Stay with it.The new version is the same as KSC Free but it is design for the US only (in About section,it was specified not to be used in EU-my case).I've installed it few days ago on my system,i assure you it is the same protection and the same settings,only a new UI.Back to Macrium image with KSC Free.

• +Reputation
Reactions: roger_m
L

Local Host

Stay with it.The new version is the same as KSC Free but it is design for the US only (in About section,it was specified not to be used in EU-my case).I've installed it few days ago on my system,i assure you it is the same protection and the same settings,only a new UI.Back to Macrium image with KSC Free.
That has nothing to do with the UI, the new version is getting released world wide and is not exclusive to the USA.

The EU simply uses a special version to abide by local privacy laws.

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
That has nothing to do with the UI, the new version is getting released world wide and is not exclusive to the USA.

The EU simply uses a special version to abide by local privacy laws.
Engine and settings look to be pretty much the same. The most specific settings are just the same as current KSC Free but integrated within new UI...

For me it makes no sense to use this new Kaspersky with the privacy drawbacks if the engine is exactly the same. I think it is a better idea just to wait and get the EU version, and opt-out of privacy-aggresive options... For me at least!

Cheers!

PS: For @Shadowra I think a ransomware test Kaspersky Free vs BitDefender Free without Internet and Antivirus shields disabled would be nice to see!! I made some tests and BD Free seems to rely for ransomware just on signatures, not on behavioural blocker... Which makes it vulnerable to 0-day ransomware! But Kaspersky seems to catch it with System Watcher!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.