Advice Request Kaspersky Free causing ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
When entering some https sites with Kaspersky (Free) HTTPS scanning enabled (default settings) (Settings -> Additional -> Network -> Encrypted connections scanning), they load for a long time, then the error ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE (in Chrome) shows up. Then the site successfully loads for some reason. Does anyone else have this problem? The problem seems to disappear when disabling HTTPS scanning. Haven't tried in different browsers yet. Others seem to have this problem too in Kaspersky forum, with Kaspersky Internet Security, but no good solution seems to exist (either they are dangerous or reduces the security).

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
That is from 2015. I'm sure they have done something against that until now. Can someone confirm? :)
I don't think there is any change
almost all well-known AVs do that because it gives them full access to the https urls
even adguard for desktop does that
only some AVs such as emsisoft and comodo (not 100% sure) utilize web filter similar to hosts file which only blocks domains, not the full urls => lower efficiency but don't neccessarily lower our https security

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Then it's best to set it to: "Do not scan encrypted connections."?? :confused:
that's the only 100% working solution
other solutions may partially work or don't work

therefore, you can disable it and use some chrome/firefox extensions to temporarily replace it while we're all waiting for the offical patch

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
for me, the issue is much less frequent but it is still there. I don't disable TLS 1.3
KFA also breaks norton power eraser so NPE can't complete its scan, crashes at the end
Indeed less frequent, but still there.
Hope it will be fixed soon by Kaspersky.
That's the only thing I don't like of KFA it's HTTPS scanning with their own certificate.
On the other hand KFA is one of the best free AV's out there.
See Q&A - [Updated 25/7/2018] Browser extension comparison: Malwares and Phishings and the HUB.
So I disabled the scanning of EV certificates (no MITM when i'm doing my banking) and accept it.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Thats one of the reasons i'm not using KFA anymore, i want to surf the web with no errors, they made patch B and it was not fixed... (n)
Anyone using Kaspersky Security Cloud free with these (bug) errors ?

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thats one of the reasons i'm not using KFA anymore, i want to surf the web with no errors, they made patch B and it was not fixed... (n)
Anyone using Kaspersky Security Cloud free with these (bug) errors ?

I am but got tired of the 200 meg warning which you only get every day? so I uninstalled the secure surfing part. Just have the AV cloud part running now.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.