Advice Request Kaspersky - Interface opening at startup

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

superleeds27

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
So I'm not sure what's happened here but ever since the upgrade to 21.9, I've noticed randomly on some of the installs that when the PC starts up, Kaspersky decides to open - almost as if you've double clicked the icon in the system tray.

Not sure what causes this, or why it's happening , but it is, and it's random. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Tried a restore settings to default, but that didn't do anything, so I've uninstalled and reinstalled, so will see if that cures it.

Seems to be a known issue for some people too - How to stop interface opening when computer starts?

Anyone here experienced this at all?

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I have Kaspersky Free on 4 PCs at home and none of them has this behavior. All are on v21.9.6.465.
Me too. No problem so far:
1679766482273.png

superleeds27

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Hmm. Not sure what's caused it, it's not all the time and only seems to happen on certain machines.

I'll see if the clean install I did changes the behaviour, I'm wondering if it's down to something I've disabled or unchecked (promotional notifications and all that rubbish!)

I'm on standard. Not that the version would matter I don't think

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
OFF TOPIC: I have left only 100 days of my Kaspersky Plus. If I get this will it extend my subscription? Thank you.

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
OFF TOPIC: I have left only 100 days of my Kaspersky Plus. If I get this will it extend my subscription? Thank you.
I believe it will (I believe) IF you add it to your “my Kaspersky” account. I would add the key separately, and start using it in 100 days. Clock doesn’t tick if it’s unused in your account. ✌️

(Great price, by the way)

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I believe it will (I believe) IF you add it to your “my Kaspersky” account. I would add the key separately, and start using it in 100 days. Clock doesn’t tick if it’s unused in your account. ✌️

(Great price, by the way)
What's your best advice now? It get it now, since its on sale, or get it later?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.