Advice Request Kaspersky Internet Security 2021 settings suggestion

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
For extra lightness, I have configured File Antivirus -- Scan Mode -- On execution

Also, in Network Settings, I have disabled "Inject script into web traffic" to speed up browsing.

Thanks for the tips!
Does Eset Internet Security also have the same function?

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@rndmblk
I installed KIS 2021 yesterday. Is it okay now to disable the background scan, considering that the scan is completed 16 hours ago, as the screenshot below says?
1623051866323.png

Also, why is best to disable "Postpone computer tasks when the CPU and disk systems are at high load"?
Thank you.

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
@rndmblk
I installed KIS 2021 yesterday. Is it okay now to disable the background scan, considering that the scan is completed 16 hours ago, as the screenshot below says?
View attachment 258792

Also, why is best to disable "Postpone computer tasks when the CPU and disk systems are at high load"?
Thank you.
IDK if it is best but disabling it will tell KIS to perform background scan even when computer is in use. This will also prevent scan to be paused. If you don't notice any performance hit, you can disable it.
If you'll disable background scan entirely this setting doesn't matter much.

EDIT: I've disabled background scan a while back and reenabled it again few days ago. After enabling it, first scan scanned 300.000+ files instead of 3000+ as it used to. So it seems that it performed something similar to full scan after reenabling it.

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
EDIT: I've disabled background scan a while back and reenabled it again few days ago. After enabling it, first scan scanned 300.000+ files instead of 3000+ as it used to. So it seems that it performed something similar to full scan after reenabling it.
Well after checking once more I saw that 300.000+ were number shown for Idle scan that happened after Rootkit scan. It seems that both of them use same Background scan option. Does anybody know if it is possible to enable only Rootkit scan and not Idle scan also? As I remember in previous versions that was possible.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
For extra lightness, I have configured File Antivirus -- Scan Mode -- On execution

Also, in Network Settings, I have disabled "Inject script into web traffic" to speed up browsing.

Thanks for the tips!
I asked a friend about this, he said:
"I didn’t change settings as stated before so I left it to “intelligent”, “on execution” will have the side effect of not scanning malicious files that could be triggered on access, such as malicious .LNK files ; executables are not the only malware there is. "

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Installed KIS 3 weeks ago. Did not change the settings for 2 weeks (I uninstalled the VPN). My pc ran slower than usual. 2-3 seconds to launch Chrome instead of one. The same with Gmail. A few days ago, I applied most of the settings recommended in this thread. But I didn't disable script injection. My pc is fast again. Thank you guys!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.