Battle Kaspersky Internet Security vs Emsisoft

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
What do you think about kaspersky vs emsisoft. i like emsisoft for the quick support, and because they check fp very quick, they are very profesional and the product are minimalist and very well organizated. What about kasersky internet security

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
ITs legitime, because if you install kaspersky free you recibe this link to changue from another AV company. I can say you its it legitime

Question

Level 3
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Yes i like it but i see kaspersky very cheap and i like to know thanks bro for your answer i take in count
I used Kaspersky for about 2-3 Years. Its excellent :D Btw My Dad uses Kaspersky about 10 Years and he is very satisfied with the product, clear recommendation! About Emisisoft hmm im using Emisisoft Emergency Kit, very satisfied but I tried Emisisoft on another PC: the pc did not slow down but rather the program it slowed down the boot time and so on. I speak from my experience, it may be that it is also a very good product (which I think)! So I would choose Kaspersky. (Kaspersky now has a gaming mode and if that's not enough, the Kaspersky site has the perfect settings for gamers (Guide for gamers: Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 + Steam)

Peter Phillie

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2018
Based on experienced, both are excellent in malware protection. Emsisoft offers triple-layered proactive protection and Kaspersky features real-time protection etc. Also, these two antivirus both offers a variety of scanning tools to match individual user's needs. So, no need to worry about their features and functions 'cause both are a good product.

cyber dude

Level 2
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for your input Maria. I'm actually in the middle of getting everything up and running on my old junk for the russian bear "hibernaculum" at this very moment.

So it's done. I'm now on a first-name basis with our dady bear so to speak. I followed you guys tips for these tweaks, thanks harlan, Evij and others. Although I ticked scanning external drives because I often stick everything I got my hands on in my laptop. I probably should switch this "sticking" into another object, like for example my lovely old lady but she doesn't want that anymore, you know after almost 30 years the only thing
that is left is pure platonic love.:)) I'm kiddin of course, sorry, I couldn't help myself

I need to say this, I'm really impressed. Yeah, it's like someone prefers driving a stick to automatic. I'm sorry I really like Emsisoft. As a matter of fact EEK has been on my C drive since I can remember for on-demand scanning but in terms of customization it's not a patch to KIS. There are lots of setting to play with. That's good. Second, I was gearing up for the worst, you never know right, but there was no impact on my system whatsoever, thanks for tips again. I didn't notice anything slowing me down so far. It seems to me it's running even better after MB.
In fact at this very moment Kaspersky is running its first full scan. And it's really not eating that much of RAM, maybe a little but that's nothing.

Lemme ask you this though. What happens if we tick these boxes "Inject script into web traffic" and "Trust digitally signed app'?
They are unticked on Evij settings. Another thing, should I exclude MsMpEng.exe (Windows Defender Antivirus service) and NisSrv.exe (Windows Defender Antivirus driver) to make it easier for KIS and WD "play kissy-face" with each other?

I tell you what guys, I'ma beginnin to like it more and more. I think I'm gonna cough up for 2-year subscription without a second thought. I wish it was 3 though. What the hell, people spent more on hookers and stuff in a minute. I don't.:) I'm an upright father and husband.

I was just playing around with some settings but then I realized my old junk is now running even faster and it's snapier than it was before,
or maybe it just looks that way because earlier MB was slowing me down or something elese. I even tried their so called secure connection my as*:), it's just another VPN but it's not that bad too, maybe even slightly better than Windscribe. I used 200 mb in a minute I guess and that was it because it asked me to purchase more. With my Canadian VPN I got no limit for life, unless Russia invades Canada:)), hope not. so I don't need it.
I trusted it in exclusions and it's running smoothly.

Another question, for my VPN specifically in exclusions for aplications section, should I tick only the first box 'Don't scan files before opening' and leave the rest unticked? Or tick them all right down to "Allow interactions with KIS interface"?

Attachments

• KIS in Task Manafer running full scan for the first time.jpg
    KIS in Task Manafer running full scan for the first time.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 335

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Lemme ask you this though. What happens if we tick these boxes "Inject script into web traffic" and "Trust digitally signed app'?
"Inject" -> may slow down the surfing in some sites (I'm not specially worried about it, so I have it enabled).
"Trust digitally" -> if enabled may allow to run some signed malware, although not so common, They exist... if disabled, may break the installation of a legitimate new software which still not known in KSN...

should I exclude MsMpEng.exe (Windows Defender Antivirus service) and NisSrv.exe (Windows Defender Antivirus driver) to make it easier for KIS and WD "play kissy-face" with each other?
WD services should be disabled automatically during Kaspersky installation, but if You pause or exit Kaspersky protection, then WD will be enabled automatically...

Another question, for my VPN specifically in exclusions for aplications section, should I tick only the first box 'Don't scan files before opening' and leave the rest unticked? Or tick them all right down to "Allow interactions with KIS interface"?
I wouldn't change there anything unless You are getting issues...

Last edited:

cyber dude

Level 2
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
I'm sorry, like I said I'm a bit slow sometimes :)) It's like they say you know, someone has only two speeds, slow and stop:))

I was gonna ask about this protected browser. So you punch in you bank URL there and savi it, right. Next time you run it it opens in this green browser and you're in your online bank,ok, and nothin is supposed to get thru, like lietrally nothing, no keyloggers, no other dirt, zilch, nada?
Am I right?

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
"Inject script into web traffic" and "Trust digitally signed app'?
I personally disable "Inject script..." and many members would do the same because we notice the significant impact in resource usage. It really slows down the browsing speed. If you can't notice that, you may leave it enabled
disabling inject script will decrease the effectiveness of a few components like safe money, for example

"Trust digitally signed app" will improve the detection rate and decrease the chance of malware bypassing kaspersky. However, it also increase FP rate. Many people suggest to uncheck it for your safety because many recent malwares have digital signatures so they might be able to bypass KIS because application control is the last line of defense (kind of) if all other modules are bypassed

Last edited:

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I'm sorry, like I said I'm a bit slow sometimes :)) It's like they say you know, someone has only two speeds, slow and stop:))

I was gonna ask about this protected browser. So you punch in you bank URL there and savi it, right. Next time you run it it opens in this green browser and you're in your online bank,ok, and nothin is supposed to get thru, like lietrally nothing, no keyloggers, no other dirt, zilch, nada?
Am I right?

yea, it's kaspersky's sandbox... but be careful, if you use malwarebytes anti-exploit or any tool as such then it may cause some problems.

cyber dude

Level 2
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
yea, it's kaspersky's sandbox... but be careful, if you use malwarebytes anti-exploit or any tool as such then it may cause some problems.

I threw MB out yesterday, I mean like totally, and cleaned out all its traces before installing KIS. Goodbye Malwarebytes for good, we'll never meet again I hope, although I have a lifetime license, too bad but its notin I'm gonna install it on my granddaughter's Win 7.

Alrighty then, thank y'all for help, much appreciated.

Last edited:

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I threw MB out yesterday, I mean like totally, and cleaned out all its traces before installing KIS. Goodbye Malwarebytes for good, we'll never meet again I hope, although I have a lifetime license, too bad bit its notin I'm gonna istall it on my granddaughter's Win 7.

Alrighty then, thank y'all for help, much appreciated.

It seems you are too much elated by KIS. MB has ruined itself...& if you are looking for a hardened pc config, you may start a thread in PC Security Configuration, there will be plenty of MT members who will help you to build a rock solid config.

cyber dude

Level 2
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
Not that I'm that elated. I just feel like it's good enough for me at this point. And if this is true what they say about Kaspersky that it's a bit too much "paranoid" in terms of detection and whatnot , then I'm ok with that because I'm actually paranoid too.:)

Thanks a lot.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.