Kaspersky Lab discontinues Kaspersky Free!

Xjoker

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 19, 2020
Today I read in a russian forum that Kaspersky stops providing Kaspersky free soon and suggests users to move to other paid solutions. I found the same information in the official russian website of Kaspersky. If that's true it's very sad news!

Xjoker

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 19, 2020
Does it include just the antivirus (Kaspersky free) or also KSC free?

In the forum they say that KSCF will remain but in the official website it's wrtitten that you need to move to paid solutions, nothing about KSCF is mentioned. Maybe @harlan4096 knows more about it.

Καταγραφή.PNG

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
In the forum they say that KSCF will remain but in the official website it's wrtitten that you need to move to paid solutions, nothing about KSCF is mentioned. Maybe @harlan4096 knows more about it.

View attachment 242867

" When the license term expires, your license may be renewed automatically. If this didn't happen, we recommend that you switch to Kaspersky Security Cloud — Free."

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
i don't see kasp security cloud free on their site. i see kasp security cloud for money, but not the free version.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
it isn't on there for me?? it has the 3 paid versions on top, and they are compared. then under that it has the kasp security cloud, with a personal and family version, both of which cost money. am i missing something, or is it now a regional thing?

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
i don't see that. i only have this:
oh well, it's good to know it's still there (somewhere), lol.
kasp.JPG

Last edited:

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
found it here instead :)

edit: hmm, that pages download link takes me back to the other page where i don't see it, lol. it doesn't matter! lol.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.