Kaspersky Password Manager ?

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I got this download automatically. Has anyone else get it downloaded automatically as well? I have not activated it yet as I want to get feedback from others first. Thanks! Marg

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I'm an old user of LastPass free but now I have KTS so I have also KPM.
But I don't know if I can import (upload) all my LastPass passwords into KPM ?
Thanks for your help ?

Reactions: Venustus

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I'm using Firefox.
I have just noticed that when I open the Kaspersky secure browser, the Kaspersky password manager extension is missing.
I also try with Chrome and got the same problem.
Is it normal ?

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hello,
I'm using Firefox.
I have just noticed that when I open the Kaspersky secure browser, the Kaspersky password manager extension is missing.
I also try with Chrome and got the same problem.
Is it normal ?
The solution in FireFox is to open the safe web browser which does not have Password Manager listed in the add-ons and extensions then click on Tools>>Add-Ons and click on Extensions. In the Extensions window click on the gear icon and select Install Add-on From File... In the Open dialog box the user then must navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager 8.0.6 folder. From that folder the user should select kpm.xpi and click on add. This will add Kaspersky Password Manager to the protected web browser's list of add-ons.
Hope this helps anyone else with this issue/problem of not having Kaspersky Password Manager in their safe web browser after updating Kaspersky Password Manager to version 8.0.6.538. It is still a bug that Kaspersky needs to fix in the update, but at least there is a resolution to get Kaspersky Password Manager working again in the protected browser.

Link

Does this help?

• Thanks
Reactions: JB007

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
The solution in FireFox is to open the safe web browser which does not have Password Manager listed in the add-ons and extensions then click on Tools>>Add-Ons and click on Extensions. In the Extensions window click on the gear icon and select Install Add-on From File... In the Open dialog box the user then must navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager 8.0.6 folder. From that folder the user should select kpm.xpi and click on add. This will add Kaspersky Password Manager to the protected web browser's list of add-ons.
Hope this helps anyone else with this issue/problem of not having Kaspersky Password Manager in their safe web browser after updating Kaspersky Password Manager to version 8.0.6.538. It is still a bug that Kaspersky needs to fix in the update, but at least there is a resolution to get Kaspersky Password Manager working again in the protected browser.

Link

Does this help?
Thanks @venustus
I immediatly try your solution but I cannot find "kpm.xpi" :(
kpm.PNG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.