Poll Kaspersky Secure Connection - any good?

Discussion in 'Kaspersky' started by RTQMARK, Jan 30, 2017.

?

How is kaspersky Secure Connection?

1. I use it and it's good

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. I use it, but it needs to improve

10 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. I don't use it, because it's terrible

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Never tried it, but will have a look

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. Never tried and don't care about this

24 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. RTQMARK

RTQMARK Level 2

Jan 25, 2017
    Portugal
    Windows 7
    Kaspersky
    So this is now part of Kaspersky and we all get free 200MB daily.
    Has anyone been using it? Is it any good?

2. Wave

Wave Guest

I think I used it before and it worked alright but I remember when it was installed when I was testing Kaspersky on my host for the bug bounty system they have in place (was trying to find something to submit), and my internet was regularly being interrupted and disconnected (and I had to put PC to sleep and back on for it to work again).

After removing Kaspersky Secure Connection that problem was gone completely but I never heard of this happening to others so maybe it was just a problem for me.

3. harlan4096

harlan4096 Moderator
    Staff Member AV Tester

Apr 28, 2015
    Almería (Spain)
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    I think is good enough for average users...

4. Berny

Berny Level 2

Oct 14, 2016
    Europe
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    I am running the unlimited version without any functional problem.
    K-Lab is actually fixing a couple of minor bugs ...

5. Exterminator

Exterminator Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2012
    USA
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    I voted I use it but it needs to improve because there is no option for I have tried it but it needs to improve.
    I have tried it and it works pretty good aside from some bugs which they are working on.
    Personally I do not use it.

6. shukla44

shukla44 Level 10

Jan 14, 2016
    India
    Windows 7
    Kaspersky
    I am using it for a few months now, i must say it is good, not as good as others.
    I voted, i use it but it needs to improve.

Regards.

7. Alp Berker

Alp Berker Level 1

Sep 5, 2016
    Ankara
    Hi,
    I live in Turkey. Not all server locations are satisfactory in terms of speed and latency. But from here, a vpn connection to Germany is quite healthy and good.

Hope this helps...

8. Zero Knowledge

Zero Knowledge Level 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Dark Cloud Universe
    Kaspersky user myself. I don't use the Kaspersky vpn since I use other reputable vpn services.

Not saying it's rubbish but I just don't need a vpn from my antivirus company.

9. Windows_Security

Windows_Security Level 13
    Content Creator Trusted

Mar 13, 2016
    Holland
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    It is a free secure VPN service. When the service is enabled you can make it even more secure by entering Norton's ConnectSafe DNS servers in the properties of the IPv4 DNS 1 and 2 of this 'exra ethernet2 " connection :)

With the 200 MB free per day I have enough bandwith to do trusted transactions when abroad or on holiday. Download speed is not great, but for online transactions and email I don't need much bandwith anyway. So a great free service IMO to do your online banking (even better with Norton Connect Safe/Cisco Umbrella/Neustar network as DNS with it).

10. zirazver

zirazver New Member

Sep 9, 2017
    sabac
    Windows 7
    Avast
    It's the worst VPN I'v used..
    It worked perfectly couple days, then it stopped. Their support is very polite, but did nothing to solve problem 4 DAYS!!! Of course, you can dream about money return...
    You can check that on their forum!

Cats-4_Owners-2 and daljeet like this.
  11. aragornnnn

aragornnnn Level 11

Aug 18, 2016
    Warehouse Employee @ Nike ELC Belgium
    Belgium
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    I think Kaspersky Secure Connection is Hotspot shield, which i don't recommend because of privacy issues.

12. zirazver

zirazver New Member

Sep 9, 2017
    sabac
    Windows 7
    Avast
    Thanks for reply!
    But their support didn't mention privacy issues. They keep up with sending them log files, reset host file, reset winsock, capture desktop...

13. mlnevese

mlnevese Level 10

May 3, 2015
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    This poll needs a I don't use it because I'm already subscribed to another service...

Concerning Kaspersky, it's Hotspot Shield. If you want to know if that's good or bad just search for opinions on Hotspot Shield

14. Windows_Security

Windows_Security Level 13
    Content Creator Trusted

Mar 13, 2016
    Holland
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    #14 Windows_Security, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    OK, I have read the privacy notice, overall it is actually not bad regarding personal information. Pitty . . .
    Still when on abroad using unknown access points, I rather choose security above privacy. When I am in london City I am also monitored on closed television circuit. With facial recognition and bio-id on my passport, they know a lot more about me than with a anoneous unique device ID.

15. Rikky gervais

Rikky gervais New Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Belgium
    DO NOT BUY THIS!! Zirazver is right! I have the exact same problem as do many others (check their forum about secure connection). It's a nightmare and their support is even worse! Also, after 2 minutes on the internet I've found thsi comment (read the screenshot). It's now been exactly 15 (!!) days and I'm still in the dark. The VPN has stopped working and it's got nothing to do with my PC. That's for shure! kaspersky_secure_connection.JPG

16. harlan4096

harlan4096 Moderator
    Staff Member AV Tester

Apr 28, 2015
    Almería (Spain)
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    I use KSeC (free) almost everyday while testing samples in 2 different systems for long time (months): (KTS2018 + W10Pro x64) and (EAM + W7x86) and I don't have any issues with it, but it's true that some users in different countries are having issues...

17. Weebarra

Weebarra Level 7

Apr 5, 2017
    Somewhere in Scottieland
    Windows 7
    Kaspersky
    I have never had much success with it but i am using the free version that comes with the security suite, maybe the stand alone paid version is better. I don't have much need it for it anyway but that is beside the point. I voted "don't use it becauses it's terrible" :)

Cats-4_Owners-2, mlnevese and daljeet like this.
  18. daljeet

daljeet Level 5

Jun 14, 2017
    india
    Linux Ubuntu
    I prefer other VPN which have secure servers which no logs policy. Kaspersky is good Av but in terms of VPN I have to say worst VPN ever and its powered by hotspot shield. Many Av company comes with VPN services but who knows how many are secured.

Cats-4_Owners-2 and Weebarra like this.
  19. Berny

Berny Level 2

Oct 14, 2016
    Europe
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    In addition to harlan , i am running KSC full version without any issues.

Weebarra and Cats-4_Owners-2 like this.
  20. Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2 Level 37
    Trusted

Dec 4, 2013
    Southern California (east of Los Angeles)
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Since I've had Kaspersky Internet Security installed for (..let's see) 269 days, subtracting 96 days left which shall make 1 year, I've only clicked on "Secure Connection" once before. I'd connected before beginning to type, & I've only used 663.83 KB as of now. I don't bank online, so I'd forgotten all about this free service.
    Thanks to this thread I'm more aware, now, that it is there if I ever wish for a more secure connection for any transactions to come. Hm, it is now 705.02 KB (so there must be information being exchanged, and I wonder what..). :-o
    My reply was "Never tried it, but will have a look.".

So far, it seems alright. ;)
    Time to disconnect it! :D