Advice Request Kaspersky Secure Connection - any good?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

How is kaspersky Secure Connection?

• I use it and it's good

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • I use it, but it needs to improve

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • I don't use it, because it's terrible

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Never tried it, but will have a look

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Never tried and don't care about this

Votes: 32 49.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wave

I think I used it before and it worked alright but I remember when it was installed when I was testing Kaspersky on my host for the bug bounty system they have in place (was trying to find something to submit), and my internet was regularly being interrupted and disconnected (and I had to put PC to sleep and back on for it to work again).

After removing Kaspersky Secure Connection that problem was gone completely but I never heard of this happening to others so maybe it was just a problem for me.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
It is a free secure VPN service. When the service is enabled you can make it even more secure by entering Norton's ConnectSafe DNS servers in the properties of the IPv4 DNS 1 and 2 of this 'exra ethernet2 " connection :)

With the 200 MB free per day I have enough bandwith to do trusted transactions when abroad or on holiday. Download speed is not great, but for online transactions and email I don't need much bandwith anyway. So a great free service IMO to do your online banking (even better with Norton Connect Safe/Cisco Umbrella/Neustar network as DNS with it).

zirazver

Sep 9, 2017
It's the worst VPN I'v used..
It worked perfectly couple days, then it stopped. Their support is very polite, but did nothing to solve problem 4 DAYS!!! Of course, you can dream about money return...
You can check that on their forum!

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
OK, I have read the privacy notice, overall it is actually not bad regarding personal information. Pitty . . .
Hotspotshield Free said:
AnchorFree does not include your IP address or unique device identifier within the definition of Personal Information

Still when on abroad using unknown access points, I rather choose security above privacy. When I am in london City I am also monitored on closed television circuit. With facial recognition and bio-id on my passport, they know a lot more about me than with a anoneous unique device ID.

Last edited:

Rikky gervais

Dec 5, 2017
DO NOT BUY THIS!! Zirazver is right! I have the exact same problem as do many others (check their forum about secure connection). It's a nightmare and their support is even worse! Also, after 2 minutes on the internet I've found thsi comment (read the screenshot). It's now been exactly 15 (!!) days and I'm still in the dark. The VPN has stopped working and it's got nothing to do with my PC. That's for shure!
kaspersky_secure_connection.JPG

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I use KSeC (free) almost everyday while testing samples in 2 different systems for long time (months): (KTS2018 + W10Pro x64) and (EAM + W7x86) and I don't have any issues with it, but it's true that some users in different countries are having issues...

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I have never had much success with it but i am using the free version that comes with the security suite, maybe the stand alone paid version is better. I don't have much need it for it anyway but that is beside the point. I voted "don't use it becauses it's terrible" :)

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
I prefer other VPN which have secure servers which no logs policy. Kaspersky is good Av but in terms of VPN I have to say worst VPN ever and its powered by hotspot shield. Many Av company comes with VPN services but who knows how many are secured.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Since I've had Kaspersky Internet Security installed for (..let's see) 269 days, subtracting 96 days left which shall make 1 year, I've only clicked on "Secure Connection" once before. I'd connected before beginning to type, & I've only used 663.83 KB as of now. I don't bank online, so I'd forgotten all about this free service.
Thanks to this thread I'm more aware, now, that it is there if I ever wish for a more secure connection for any transactions to come. Hm, it is now 705.02 KB (so there must be information being exchanged, and I wonder what..). :-o
My reply was "Never tried it, but will have a look.".

So far, it seems alright. ;)
Time to disconnect it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.