Advice Request Kaspersky Secure Connection & KSN

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hi, I have to admit that I have being getting the same issue in my some of my systems (even I have KSC registered), but not always, I guess it depends on the country selected by KSN to hide the IP, probably is a bug or KSN temporally unavailable in this mode... anyway soon is coming 2017MR1 beta testing (threads are already created since days ago in KL beta forum, but still hidden ;) ) and this is one of the issues I am going to report :)

I've just checked KSC enabled (I have location -> Automatically assigned: Denmark country) and now KSN is available...

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I'm getting same problem ATM. Tried Windscribe, PIA, ExpressVPN. All have the same problem. KSN disconnects when on VPN. Tried unchecking "Block connections over SSL 2.0" in Network settings. Didn't work. Any update on this @harlan4096?

KTS 17.0.0.611(c) on Windows 10 x64 Pro

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) won't operate over an established VPN or Proxy connection as such Kaspersky Secure Connection is provided by Hotspot Shield VPN.

I don't think it's a bug, but you can find out more from their Support Forums.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
As @Spawn says, KSN works in own integrated KSC (Kaspersky VPN), in fact has 1 specific setting to enabled/participate in KSN for better protection...

About KSN working over different VPN services, I can not help, since now I'm not using any different than KSC, I suggest You to contact to Kaspersky Support and ask Them.

Berny

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2016
I tried all virtual locations in KSC and KSN is not disconnecting which means that not all users are having this issue.
Please follow harlan's suggestion and submit a ticket to Tech Support

ksc_ksn.jpg

Reactions: Ink and harlan4096

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
UPDATE: I troubleshooted it a little more last night. Decided to try Express VPN again. So far, everything is OK and it hasn't diconnected from KSN.

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.