Advice Request Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

marcopaone

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016
Yesterday I downloaded Kaspersky security cloud personal and I was impressed as being lighter than Kaspersky Internet Security.

What is your opinion about KSC?

Reactions: shmu26 and DeepWeb

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I am on KSC free, and I do find that it is lighter than KIS. I am very happy with KSC free.
If you will be using any advanced security apps alongside it, then the free edition is more than enough. In such a case, you don't need Application Control.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I am on KSC free, and I do find that it is lighter than KIS. I am very happy with KSC free.
If you will be using any advanced security apps alongside it, then the free edition is more than enough. In such a case, you don't need Application Control.
I wonder if it and DeepArmor would play nice together ? Also does KSC free have any browsing protection ?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
"Kaspersky Protection" extension in KFA/KSC Free does not have the extra features -> Anti-Banner, Privacy Browsing... but still keeps the connection/injection between the product and the browsers to check malicious URLs, etc.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Hum I don't think so, byt try... with GDPR versions You have an extra feature to disable telemetry without disabling KSN, so this version should be valid for any user around the world :D
OMG! You are right. I had different prompts and an option to opt out of telemetry which I did. So I decided to install the GDPR version instead.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.