Solved Kaspersky settings

Kaspersky
27 Replies 4,198 Views

Parkinsond

Level 68
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Kaspersky finally added "ask user" option instead of "select action automatically" 🥳

Capture.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great update! It provides more control to users over the actions to be taken. Enjoy your improved Kaspersky experience!
 
What???? That Mode it's in K. home users for very long years 🙄🤦‍♂️... You only had to change the product into Interactive Mode...
There was no interactive mode; there was automatic mode where Kaspersky quarantines the risk and I dig deep inside the interface to fetch it back.
With the new modification, it asks me first with a pop up notification what to do.
 
In Business products (KES) there is no Interactive Mode, but in Home products it's there for years, just disabling this options:

View attachment 288478

Such "automatic" mode does not ask you before performing the action; the "ask user" mode is brand new to Kaspersky.
I use Kaspersky free for years.
 
I mean "Ask User" was/is hidden until You disable the setting: Perform recommended actions automatically, then some protection modules change "Perform action automatically" by "Ask User"
I have tried the new feature on a script.
Previously, K was deleting it automatically and send a copy to quarantine in case you need to restore.
This time it does not go like that; K asks by pop up what to do? and offer automatic adding to exclusion, which was not available before; previously you have to add it manaully deep in settings.
 
Such "automatic" mode does not ask you before performing the action; the "ask user" mode is brand new to Kaspersky.
I use Kaspersky free for years.
@Parkinsond with all due respect, You shouldn't claiming further things what are no facts, otherwise such comments are misleading for the forum community here.

That "ask user" is NOT really new it's rather shown only if you turn-off certain default setting as mentioned #5 by @harlan4096
I confirm that is not a new option as I am also using Kaspersky Free since years and even installed/setup for some people around me.

@harlan4096 is also part of Moderation Team in Kaspersky Community Forum since decades, He does know almost all details about products of Kaspersky ;)
 
@Parkinsond with all due respect, You shouldn't claiming further things what are no facts, otherwise such comments are misleading for the forum community here.

That "ask user" is NOT really new it's rather shown only if you turn-off certain default setting as mentioned #5 by @harlan4096
I confirm that is not a new option as I am also using Kaspersky Free since years and even installed/setup for some people around me.

@harlan4096 is also part of Moderation Team in Kaspersky Community Forum since decades, He does know almost all details about products of Kaspersky ;)
Have you had this before?

Capture.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's new for You, because You changed Your KF to Interactive Mode, if in Auto Mode, You would get a notification warning and being removed automatically.
That's what I mean; "You would get a notification warning and being removed automatically".
Currently, I'm notified and not removed automatically; it asks you for your decision.
 
Can you go, in Your Kaspersky, to Settings -> Security Settings -> Exclusions and actions on object detection, and upload a capture of Your settings there?
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top