Not open for further replies.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Can i use my KIS18 license on this product? I tried back when it was a fresh beta and it "only accepted beta licenses".

Reactions: harlan4096

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I can't get icacls.exe to appear in the Application Control list.
Usually, if a process is missing from the list, it will appear after Iaunch it, but this trick is not working with icacls.exe.
Any ideas?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I can't get icacls.exe to appear in the Application Control list.
Usually, if a process is missing from the list, it will appear after Iaunch it, but this trick is not working with icacls.exe.
Any ideas?
So it turns out that it is called "Microsoft Windows Operating System". What a name.
I found it out when I did a right click on one of the Microsoft categories, and chose "add application to group". That allowed me to browse to the file location, and add it to the list. I got a notification that all I did was move it from one category to another, but at least I found out what KIS thinks the file is called :)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Sad. :confused: Kaspersky licenses was -2/+3 for newer versions? Because I remember license worked on KSOS ver. 5

1.PNG
2.PNG

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Usually the rule is -1/+3, it seems Your KSOS license is quite old, version 2??

Previous to the current newer KSOS6, there is 4 and 5...

Reactions: frogboy and mekelek

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
@davisd

I tried to send a request to kaspersky support for replace my KSOS 2 key, they sent me a key for KSOS 4 (1 year) as a gift.
Generous customer service (y)

They may do this again with you.

Attachments

• 2018-05-09_15h46_14.png
    2018-05-09_15h46_14.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 667
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

@davisd

I tried to send a request to kaspersky support for replace my KSOS 2 key, they sent me a key for KSOS 4 (1 year) as a gift.
Generous customer service (y)

They may do this again with you.

Chat logs from the official Kaspersky LIVECHAT Support Contact us via LiveChat!
MELISSA Thank you very much.
Perform the following steps to upgrade to the latest release of Kaspersky Small Office Security:
a) Exit Kaspersky: right-click on the Kaspersky K icon in the lower right corner of your screen (the system tray). Select 'Exit' from the list that appears.
b) Download and install Kaspersky as described in the following article:
-Workstion/PC: Kaspersky Small Office Security 6

DAVIS Will I be able to upgrade?

MELISSA Yes.

DAVIS Will licences upgrade in license portal?

MELISSA Yes.

DAVIS Moment.

MELISSA Yes Davis.
Would there be anything else for the meantime?

DAVIS Were you able to locate all 16x codes for the KSOS 2?
Or just the ones I provided?

MELISSA A I have checked it using your My Kaspersky Account.

DAVIS Alright.
Thank you a lot :)

MELISSA You're very much welcome. Would there be anything else for the meantime?

DAVIS Have a good day. :)

MELISSA Thank you very much. I would appreciate if you could do me a favor and complete a quick survey about the support that I have provided. Please keep this window open as the survey will show once I end the chat session. The chat transcript will re-appear after completing the survey. Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Lab Technical Support and have a wonderful day!

RICARDO V Okay, Your license is for KSOS2 . This license can be used to KSOS 5 at the most.
DAVIS But Melissa told me my licenses for KSOS2will be upgraded so I will be able to use them for KSOS6 :((

RICARDO V I understand you were informed something else. All Kaspersky licenses can be used on 3 levels higher than the original license.

DAVIS Then what do I do now with added 16x codes for KSOS2 in My Kaspersky Porta?l
They are all unused.

RICARDO V Perform the following steps to get the KSOS 5. Exit Kaspersky: right-click on the Kaspersky K icon in the lower right corner of your screen (the system tray). Select 'Exit' from the list that appears. Download and install Kaspersky as described in the following article: Kaspersky Small Office Security 5.0 (Personal Computer)

*connection drops here, the guy just leaves without saying anything*
Sadly looks like I am screwed. Good that they were "generous" to you, wish I could say the same.. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Weebarra

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Chat logs from the official Kaspersky LIVECHAT Support Contact us via LiveChat!

Sadly looks like I am screwed. Good that they were "generous" to you, wish I could say the same.. :(

:cautious: Sorry davisd

- I provided them only 4 unused keys and 1 activated key. and asked them for upgrade keys because an error appear when trying to active version 6.

- They asked me 2 things: source of keys in detail & where I got KSOS 6 download link because it was not commercially release yet.

- I give them the sourc of keys in detail + (photo of my email for 1 key only), and I get link for 6 version from my forum to test and use KSOS on Windows RS4

after 7 days they sent me what in the next photo......

Attachments

• 2018-05-09_20h13_11.png
    2018-05-09_20h13_11.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 616

kaleci07

Level 2
Verified
Jul 6, 2015
im not installing because of this warning i think this warning there because K19 not yet formed to the EU laws

Reactions: Weebarra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.