KAV\KIS\KTS\KFA\KS\KSOS: 21.1.10.361 MR1 beta

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
As already said before, to recover the old K -> enter the IDDQD combination when the antivirus "About" window is open and in focus...

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@harlan4096 Igor Kurzin on Kaspersky Community said that we expect the global launch of 2021 in July.
He means the official build not the TR right? TR will be out sooner these days?

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, I already watched that post about July...

Let's understand something, TR builds (which usually are the same as official or final) never are officially released, BUT leaked... so probably before July We'll have some leak about K2021MR0 TR hehe... I'm sure Kaspersky Support (as always) have them already, in previous years K. Support gave to some users the TR of that year to fix some bugs of previous versions...

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Oh, so we don't have any UI changes in the upcoming K2021MR0 or the official build when it comes out in July?

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, there are some changes in GUI and in green colour, some new features as support of DoH and others removed as TAM :)

This is taken from online HELP of K2021MR0:
What's new

The following new features and improvements are introduced in Kaspersky Total Security:

• Added full support for Microsoft Windows 10 19H2.
  • The following interface improvements were made:
    • Added link to the PC Cleaner window that takes the user to a list of applications that were installed without the user’s consent.
    • Added the ability to change the default application icon to the image of the bear Midori Kuma.
    • Added the ability to change the appearance of the graphical interface.
  • Improved support for the following browsers:
    • Secure Data Input technology has now been implemented in the Kaspersky Protection extension for the browsers Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge based on Chromium.
    • Added support for Microsoft Edge based on Chromium browser.
  • Limited support for the Microsoft Edge browser. This browser no longer supports Secure Data Input and Protected Browser. You continue to be protected during Traffic scanning.
  • Improved integration with Kaspersky Password Manager:
    • Implemented a joint installation feature with Kaspersky Password Manager.
    • Added notifications that help the user to download and install Kaspersky Password Manager. Notifications are displayed when the browser is opened.
    • Added ability to install the Kaspersky Password Manager extension in the browser from a notification.
  • The following feature was removed:
    • Application Advisor.
    • IM Anti-Virus
    • Trusted Applications mode.
    • Added ability to search for vulnerabilities in the operating system
  • Applied new Company rebranding. Now the Kaspersky name is used instead of Kaspersky Lab.
  • The user forum has been replaced with a user community (the web resource and links to it have been renamed).
  • Added ability to ignore notifications in the Notification Center.
  • Added dialog box to confirm changes to settings in the Manage applications window.
  • Improved Privacy Cleaner component Fixed Component bugs.
  • Improved integration with My Kaspersky:
    • New windows, buttons, and text elements have been added to the interface, which now allow you to save application activation codes to your My Kaspersky account.
    • After you activate the trial version of the application, you will now see a window prompting you to connect to My Kaspersky.
  • Added ability to display notifications about the need to set a password to access the application settings if the Kaspersky Safe Kids protection for kids application is installed on the computer.
  • Implemented user authorization to gain access to backup storage files. When restoring backups, the application now checks the user's access rights to the folders that the backup is being restored to. If the user does not have administrator rights, the user will not be able to restore data to a folder to which he does not have access rights.
  • Improved information display about the current license.
  • Removed the ability to save backups to a FTP server.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
The best answer I expect to get about when a software will be released is "When it's ready". I hate when developers announce a date then release a mess of bugged software because it was not ready for release but they had already publicly announced that date.

ahmed 12

Level 1
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
I hope they improve their behavior blocker to be like Bitdefender, Bitdefender is most advanced and best behavior blocker I seen in AV so far and some features like UEFI scanner and monitoring connected home devices like in ESET

ahmed 12

Level 1
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
some times Kaspersky miss some notepad viruses that saved in .bat extension and some tests that made by spyshelter and other testing software and simulation trojan software on the other hand Bitdefender manage to keep the system protected I was disappointed with Kaspersky performance although I used it for 5 years it missed also a miner trojan I reported most of these viruses and I hope they improve their protection and heuristics to detect new variants and unknown threats

ahmed 12

Level 1
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
But why they didn't implement UEFI scanner and connected home devices monitoring like ESET?

I see that ESET is rich of security features and one step a head with it's technology but, it is still weak in terms of behavior blocker and HIPS.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
If there is anything, I'd like to see Kaspersky implementing from Bitdefender is its informative Central. Bitdefender Central actually reports if any installation from your license blocked something when it happened and which site it came from. For anyone taking care of security for the entire family it's really good as you know to whom you must explain why certain sites/files are bad.

Here is a screenshot if you never saw it in action...
2020-05-31.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.