KAV\KIS\KTS\KFA\KS\KSOS: 21.1.7.271 MR1 beta

zbigniew59

Level 1
Feb 27, 2020
Sooooo slowed down my system - even opening the explorer takes a long time. The previous beta was ok. Now I had to go back to the stable KIS version and it's ok again.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Of course!!!! this is the 1st early beta of K2021MR1! it has all the traces and debug features enabled! also still unstable and generating dumps...

Previous beta was the RC of K2021MR0 and of course was quite stable, which will be released soon as official...

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
Of course!!!! this is the 1st early beta of K2021MR1! it has all the traces and debug features enabled! also still unstable and generating dumps...

Previous beta was the RC of K2021MR0 and of course was quite stable, which will be released soon as official...
Sorry to ask as I am Kaspersky newbie... This means it is the next K2021 that will be released after 1st stable on summer?. How often are these MR released? Are they like patches?
I searched a bit, but didn't really find a clear answer

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
For now as I already posted in my previous post -> MAC Spoofing Protection, but don't know if will be additional, since this version MR1 will be relaease later after summer probably in Q4...
For new PC/laptop the WiFi with Windows 10 come with MAC Address Randomization. Any difference with MAC Spoofing Protection?

1588942394103.png

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Sorry to ask as I am Kaspersky newbie... This means it is the next K2021 that will be released after 1st stable on summer?. How often are these MR released? Are they like patches?
I searched a bit, but didn't really find a clear answer
Soon probably end of May or June will come K2021MR0, later after summer will come this MR1...

This MR would be as Maintenance Pack (MP)... how many? probably 1 or 2 with every version, this type of schedule was abandoned some years ago by Kaspersky, but it seems they have recovered back for the K2021 version development...

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
Soon probably end of May or June will come K2021MR0, later after summer will come this MR1...

This MR would be as Maintenance Pack (MP)... how many? probably 1 or 2 with every version, this type of schedule was abandoned some years ago by Kaspersky, but it seems they have recovered back for the K2021 version development...
Nice to know. So is that an alternative to the "patch systems"? Instead of Patch A, Patch B, we will see MR0 MR1 MR2...?
Thanks!

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I have 20 days for my current license of KIS 2020 with Patch J to expire.
Is this a good idea to install KIS 2021, the latest beta, in my main PC and use it for 90 days and then purchase the new license?
I was thinking about going that way and thought to ask you guys.
Thank you.

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
My answer is NO... the lastest beta currently is the second early beta of the 2021MR1, which is still very unstable, also have many bugs in GUI, it will be a small revolution in this new version in the GUI, so just stay with K2020, soon will be released K2021MR0...

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
K2021MR1 GUI is still in development, and there is only 2 early public betas, but for now I see there are changes in settings controls: radiobuttons and scroll downb extended sections for advanced settings, still very early to guess how will be the final... I will some screen-shots when it gets more mature...

Also in this 2º beta of MR1, They have brought back some old feature that were in home products years ago and were cut, for example in Mail AV module or in WebAV...

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Seems they are improving their weak points, Norton and ESET has better firewall/attack blocker.

Can't wait for that new log interface, REAL advanced interface.
That's why my low false positives config is KSC free
And SEP (host and exploit Mitigation)

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020

Harlan, so K2021MR0 would be out maybe by the end of May? It would be official version, not beta, right?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.