harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Good news for everyone! MR2 is here!

A new version of the beta build is available for download and testing.

You can download the version from the links below

Download

Please note, that the product's GUI is under development now, your bugs on this component may not be relevant in new builds.

Functionality for sorting rules has been added to Device Control. Now each rule can be assigned a priority. Accordingly, when the rules are crossed, access will be carried out according to priorities.

Can be activated only through Internet. Beta-license is valid for 90 days.

Before installation of the new build, please uninstall the previous build (sometimes kavremover may be needed) and reboot the system

Advices for novice testers
  • Do not proceed with testing without reading the instructions;
  • All found bugs should be posted in the related topics so it would be wise to read their headers at first. Bug reports should contain all useful info (it will be clear after reading the instruction from p.1);
  • The most convenient way to upload big files (traces or dumps): in .zip archive on OwnCloud.;
  • Traces as well as app and driver verifiers are enable in this build.
  • This area of forum is not connected to Tech Support (Bugs of Beta-products are collected here)
Additional Information

Please don't post on the beta forum if you are not participating in the beta testing.
Source

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
There are many new things indeed... the GUI revamping continues, many settings were reorganized in different sections but still in construction as the post states...

There are also some new interesting features, I hope they keep them for the final version, I'll try to post tomorrow some screen-shots...

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
There is something "interesting" in this 1st beta of KTS2021MR2, don't know if anyone has noticed that THEY HAVE REMOVED INTERACTIVE MODE! :eek::eek::eek::eek: still don't know if because in beta, but probably everything indicates that it will be definitive... :sick::sick:🤮

This way Kaspersky home products will behave as business one -> KES, where there is no Interactive Mode, so in Application Control We have only Allow, Deny, Select Action Automatically and Inherit, but no Prompt for Action anymore...

I can't find the general setting to switch to Interactive Mode, so currently I get only this:

1598205281430.png
So I will have to re-think some of my tweaks for advanced users who liked Interactive Mode hehe...

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
There is something "interesting" in this 1st beta of KTS2021MR2, don't know if anyone has noticed that THEY HAVE REMOVED INTERACTIVE MODE! :eek::eek::eek::eek: still don't know if because in beta, but probably everything indicates that it will be definitive... :sick::sick:🤮

This way Kaspersky home products will behave as business one -> KES, where there is no Interactive Mode, so in Application Control We have only Allow, Deny, Select Action Automatically and Inherit, but no Prompt for Action anymore...

I can't find the general setting to switch to Interactive Mode, so currently I get only this:

So I will have to re-think some of my tweaks for advanced users who liked Interactive Mode hehe...
Why is there a "select action automatically" if it is allowed when you choose this option (like it's said there).

Select action automatically on application control doesn't pass by heuristic and reputation analysis?

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Probably is too early to say... yeah they have removed TAM in 2021MR1, and it seems they are going to remove Interactive Mode in 2021MR2 beta changing to KES model... some new features have been added in 2021MR1 and more are coming in MR2... still don't know if many of them will remain in final version, so still early...

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I just found this:

So this behavior is the same as Prompt rights in previous versions: all the rights with Prompt in Auto Mode are allowed...
I've found something interesting -> Select Action Automatically is not the same depending on the trusting group and the specific right:

1598370984677.png

1598371004710.png

Last edited:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I'm not complaining as i use they're free products on many of my family members machines..... but how is Kaspersky offering such great free protection for free? The only thing protection wise not offered free is application control. Kaspersky is very straight forward with no ads it is one of very few...

I guess the "freemium" business model is working for Kaspersky, it gives a opportunity to gain some revenue with people that otherwise wont even try the product and Kaspersky is getting data to make the protection better for its paid users too (via cloud protection).

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.