KB3035583 is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
In which you replied:

So you agree that you may use Windows 10, possibly the Enterprise version?

Umm not sure what the Enterprise version includes... What do you mean by it because I was specifically referring to win 10 privacy issues.. I don't think the Enterprise version is any different... Or is it?

I

illumination

I have not seen anyone state exactly as to what qualifies as a privacy risk in theirs eyes yet. I have also wondered if any of the users stating this have taken a tour of the settings in windows 10, and realized they can disable a lot of features that may or may not qualify as their privacy risks. Not to mention signing in with a standard account instead of a Microsoft account will negate much of this.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Umm not sure what the Enterprise version includes... What do you mean by it because I was specifically referring to win 10 privacy issues.. I don't think the Enterprise version is any different... Or is it?
Enterprise version has better control over some of the Policy settings, more than Pro version. Every OS developers makes sure their software can phone home, or send diagnostics or feedback. Windows 10, Android, iOS etc.

I am not sure what Privacy issues relate to Windows 10.

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
Enterprise version has better control over some of the Policy settings, more than Pro version. Every OS developers makes sure their software can phone home, or send diagnostics or feedback. Windows 10, Android, iOS etc.

I am not sure what Privacy issues relate to Windows 10.

C'mon mate, its all well documented by now on what information win 10 collects... I don't need to repeat or go through it again...
Its not as if win 10 was released yesterday or something and I was just making a suggestion to those who might be interested in that...
Not everybody knows how to go through the settings within windows 10 or do various registry tweaks... It would just be a good solution for those who don't know how to do these stuff on their own... Nonetheless thank you for the info about the Enterprise policy settings, I might consider at some point...

Reactions: done

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
I don't really get it. If Microsoft's privacy issues are just rumours or over-exagerated stuff, why would they keep forcing you to install Windows 10?

I think there is a simple answer to that question... Its all because win 10 is probably filled with backdoors in order to spy on you... I even remember on previews on win 10 or early stages on win 10 that some AV products were even detecting some system files as backdoors but obviously they later fixed that and weren't any longer on their list...

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
At the risk of upsetting Umbra, it's pointless to have a conversation with him/her about this. He/she thinks Win10 is great and everyone should get with the program and adopt it. Knock on wood I have never had a blue screen with Windows 7 yet he/she claims MANY blue screens with it. I don't know what their issue was, but I can honestly say that has never happened to me with Win7. Positions on this issue should be respected... if you want Win10 great and if you don't that's great too :)
I came across the blue screens with customers that upgraded from win 7. I think it is a drivers compatibility. I tried everything to update the display driver on Toshiba laptop but it just didn't work 100%. So yes I do agree with you about the blue screens but from what I've seen it only on computers that upgraded from 7. Maybe there are newer with this problem.
As for @Umbra he does seems to like win 10 and there is nothing wrong with at all. The only problem is that he doesn't understand that not everyone can afford a new pc. Not everyone has the money to buy new pc. I've seen people that came to fix computers with pentuim 3 or pentuim m. Yes I wouldn't believe it ether but that the way it is. and I live in Montreal which isn't a poor city\country.
There is a simple solution for the this to help others that cant afford or don"t want to afford: win 10 Light or 10 xp light or whatever they want to call it, it is that simple and ms will not lose customers for linux which they started to

cheers

D

Deleted member 178

I even remember on previews on win 10 or early stages on win 10 that some AV products were even detecting some system files as backdoors but obviously they later fixed that and weren't any longer on their list...

On previews , i can understand, they need telemetry to see what is going on, so Insiders were supposed to accept those telemetry features.
Now , they kept some of them on the stable versions; but "most" can be disabled by tools doing some registry tweaks.

If People worry about about privacy so much , they shouldn't use any services connected to internet because everything they do is logged , starting from the ISP to the sites you visit.
To avoid privacy leaks you have to implement so many measures than you can't even enjoy internet.

Win10 Enterprise's security is strong enough that you won't even need 3rd party security softs.

As for @Umbra he does seems to like win 10 and there is nothing wrong with at all. The only problem is that he doesn't understand that not everyone can afford a new pc. Not everyone has the money to buy new pc. I've seen people that came to fix computers with pentuim 3 or pentuim m. Yes I wouldn't believe it ether but that the way it is. and I live in Montreal which isn't a poor city\country.
There is a simple solution for the this to help others that cant afford or don"t want to afford: win 10 Light or 10 xp light or whatever they want to call it, it is that simple and ms will not lose customers for linux which they started to cheers

I live in Vietnam , people are also using cheap PC with XP too; and sometimes i fix those machines; so i do understand. I never said everybody should buy a new PC; but those who can run Win10 should use it.
Im tired of all those people who don't even tried Win10 more than a month , telling me than Win7 is superior... they can like Win7 more, that i can understand but not say it is better. The only point they have against Win10 is privacy; they don't even consider the security and other improvements of Win10.
My point don't take account the privacy or aesthetic of the OS ( nothing is private on internet anyway ), i just take into the security features; and Win10 is the safest Windows ever available.

And about Linux will never be a big threat; it's use is too complicated for the average users.

Reactions: Soulbound

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
The same cycle all over again. When 7 was out, everyone bombarded 7 to the ground and said how good XP was, despite at its core, 7 had way more improvements than XP and VISTA all together. Now, the cycle is the same.

The so called Windows 10 Privacy "issues" can be negated as it has been said: do not use an online acc. furthermore, the whole hype about privacy/spying on you is just a viral general consensus across the internet.

At the core OS, we cannot deny that there are many improvements on the OS. Is it recommended over W7 or W8/8.1? Yes it is because of that. Is it everyone cup of tea? no and never will be.

So choosing not to update because you cannot afford is one thing. Choosing because of the "privacy" issues that can actually be almost all negated is just plain silly. You are free to do so if you wish, but there is no logic behind it at all.

Now in regards to Linux, for those who say will move to Linux, please bear the following in mind: Linux has existed for decades and only in last 6 or so years there has been greater support for hardware and drivers. If you think it will be a walk in the park like the now trusted windows 7 which was flamed to the ground back then, you are wrong.

A basic Linux installation is one thing but in order to maintain it even if you are installing Linux Mint, Ubuntu etc, you will need to be fully aware of their terminology along with how to fix when things go wrong, such as kernel upgrades, working with command line (CLI) (basic guides that cover terminal usage do not really teach you much by the way). I read most of the time when users "convert" to linux because of the w10 hype but then they are clueless in how to maintain and guess what, they go back to Windows, whether be W7 W8/8.1 or even W10.

I hope this sheds some light.

On a side note: how many people use chrome and other services by google and other companies? You think your privacy is kept anonymous at all? ill give an example: use google to search something and visit a site, you have some of the privacy options off plus do not track me enabled etc. you visit a site and the ads and content is displayed to you based on your IP. From there on, you get my point.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
People can decide to stay with Windows 7 or 8 if they want, but like Umbra said, eventually they will end up with Windows 10.
Personally, I don't like how Microsoft seems to be forcing the upgrade on some people. But the fact is that support for Windows 7 and 8 won't last forever.

I do wonder if the majority people who are so against Windows 10 actually bothered testing at least for 2-3 weeks.

I rather make an OS that's based windows 7 then go to 10.
You can try. But one thing is making it, another is supporting it. The latter will most likely take you a huge amount of time and resources.

Reactions: done and shukla44
D

Deleted member 178

The same cycle all over again. When 7 was out, everyone bombarded 7 to the ground and said how good XP was, despite at its core, 7 had way more improvements than XP and VISTA all together. Now, the cycle is the same.

The so called Windows 10 Privacy "issues" can be negated as it has been said: do not use an online acc. furthermore, the whole hype about privacy/spying on you is just a viral general consensus across the internet.

At the core OS, we cannot deny that there are many improvements on the OS. Is it recommended over W7 or W8/8.1? Yes it is because of that. Is it everyone cup of tea? no and never will be.

So choosing not to update because you cannot afford is one thing. Choosing because of the "privacy" issues that can actually be almost all negated is just plain silly. You are free to do so if you wish, but there is no logic behind it at all.

Now in regards to Linux, for those who say will move to Linux, please bear the following in mind: Linux has existed for decades and only in last 6 or so years there has been greater support for hardware and drivers. If you think it will be a walk in the park like the now trusted windows 7 which was flamed to the ground back then, you are wrong.

A basic Linux installation is one thing but in order to maintain it even if you are installing Linux Mint, Ubuntu etc, you will need to be fully aware of their terminology along with how to fix when things go wrong, such as kernel upgrades, working with command line (CLI) (basic guides that cover terminal usage do not really teach you much by the way). I read most of the time when users "convert" to linux because of the w10 hype but then they are clueless in how to maintain and guess what, they go back to Windows, whether be W7 W8/8.1 or even W10.

I hope this sheds some light.

On a side note: how many people use chrome and other services by google and other companies? You think your privacy is kept anonymous at all? ill give an example: use google to search something and visit a site, you have some of the privacy options off plus do not track me enabled etc. you visit a site and the ads and content is displayed to you based on your IP. From there on, you get my point.

This is what i trying to say :p

Reactions: shukla44

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
C'mon mate, its all well documented by now on what information win 10 collects... I don't need to repeat or go through it again...
Its not as if win 10 was released yesterday or something and I was just making a suggestion to those who might be interested in that...
Not everybody knows how to go through the settings within windows 10 or do various registry tweaks... It would just be a good solution for those who don't know how to do these stuff on their own... Nonetheless thank you for the info about the Enterprise policy settings, I might consider at some point...
I am aware of the reports posted on the web, however, I am want to know your specific concerns, for example, Windows 10 records my keystrokes, or Windows 10 watches me eat my cereal.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I made the jump from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and would never consider going back again it is the best operating system i have used. ;)

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
I have just installed Win10 from Win7, it feels much lighter TBH and I saw all the tweaks for apps, wifi, microphone,cam most of which can be disabled from default settings itself,if you are unsure they give direct links to knowledge base articles and privacy policy relevant in those sections.
As for the "uncontrolled" telemetry even something as small as my clipboard software phones home once a week ~ caught by my firewall, how should I know what is it transmitting. But it is there on my system as MS was there in WIn7 along with GWX(I could have killed it or hidden it).I would rather have MS provide me with security patches based on what I share than being hacked.Any freedom is granted for constructive purpose only,too much of anything is bad and "absolute" incorporates extreme.
To me the main concern was system damage/driver incompatiblity, which I compensated by making system backups and of course rollback option is always there if I don't like it.That is the best feature MS can provide I feel. This makes everything an opt-in.
Try before you buy principle.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I have just installed Win10 from Win7, it feels much lighter TBH and I saw all the tweaks for apps, wifi, microphone,cam most of which can be disabled from default settings itself,if you are unsure they give direct links to knowledge base articles and privacy policy relevant in those sections.
As for the "uncontrolled" telemetry even something as small as my clipboard software phones home once a week ~ caught by my firewall, how should I know what is it transmitting. But it is there on my system as MS was there in WIn7 along with GWX(I could have killed it or hidden it).I would rather have MS provide me with security patches based on what I share than being hacked.Any freedom is granted for constructive purpose only,too much of anything is bad and "absolute" incorporates extreme.
To me the main concern was system damage/driver incompatiblity, which I compensated by making system backups and of course rollback option is always there if I don't like it.That is the best feature MS can provide I feel. This makes everything an opt-in.
Try before you buy principle.
A very good move i think to Windows 10 i am sure after a few days you will come to like it. At least i hope so. :D

Reactions: Venustus and Rishi

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
I have no problem with privacy at all. From my point of view the internet should be monitored to prevent terror abuse etc.

I know that there is no privacy on the net, once you concocted the wire no privacy.

The problem is I hate the process that are ruining slowing me down.
I hate the idea of windows update that install with out my premonition and slowing me down when I restart for other resume and boom I'll have to wait for the update to install. NOT GOOD AT ALL.

I still did not do the upgrade on 3 of my personal computers all from 7. I have only one that was upgraded. Once I'll upgrade mine I'll delete all tasks and disable some services and I'll see how It'll be.

By the way when is the deadline for the upgrade?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The problem for those users, where they try to replicate issues that its already a national issue when its isn't. Remember that none of incident occur where users suffered huge lost of privacy with Windows 10 but rather full of allegations and whining reactions of being so conscious.

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.