Status
Not open for further replies.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
Support response:

Thank you for contacting Kerish Products Technical Support.
It is a false detection.
Kerish Doctor 2015 does not contain any harmful components and has an excellent reputation.

We are giving 100% guarantee the absence of malicious/adware components in our software, which is confirmed by the results of the analysis on VirusTotal.com:
Analysis of the installer: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...34ad48a102f638af9b1562c3837a6b159e7/analysis/
Analysis of the executable file: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...782aaac36e4cd86f3bf8c5e8d8e791a0030/analysis/

We will contact F-Secure developers to eliminate false detection.
Until then, you can add our program to the list of exceptions of antivirus: http://www.kerish.org/en/support_faq.php#faq_6
--
Best regards,
Kerish Products Technical Support.
support@kerish.org
www.kerish.org

Reactions: bitbizket and Moose

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Has anyone tested its PC Protection's features? How good is it at detecting viruses, keyloggers, etc?

randj89

Level 4
Verified
May 7, 2014
Has anyone tested its PC Protection's features? How good is it at detecting viruses, keyloggers, etc?
This is not a security program! It checks windows security status and pup (potentially unwanted programs) that's it! Don't expect anything else. But the program is great! I bought it and honestly it has improved my system.

Reactions: frogboy

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
This is not a security program! It checks windows security status and pup (potentially unwanted programs) that's it! Don't expect anything else. But the program is great! I bought it and honestly it has improved my system.
Go look at the "Main" panel or Program Setting. There you see a List of components, among them is "PC Protection"
It says the following:

-Protect from malicious application (viruses, trojan, etc)
-Protect from riskware application (remote admin, keyloggers)
-Analyze the behavior of applications
-Protect domain map (file hosts)
-Place infected objects to Quarantine
-Protect important files
-Control changes of security settings
-Check installed software for vulnerabilities

Reactions: Hangtooth

randj89

Level 4
Verified
May 7, 2014
Go look at the "Main" panel or Program Setting. There you see a List of components, among them is "PC Protection"
It says the following:

-Protect from malicious application (viruses, trojan, etc)
-Protect from riskware application (remote admin, keyloggers)
-Analyze the behavior of applications
-Protect domain map (file hosts)
-Place infected objects to Quarantine
-Protect important files
-Control changes of security settings
-Check installed software for vulnerabilities
Well that's nice I haven't seen that before but again it's not a security program so I don't expect anything security-wise out of it *myself....

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
@randj89
I'm well aware it's not a security program per-se, but it does possess some security features(mentioned above). My previous questions were wrote as I was curious as how effective those features (especially "Protect from malicious application (viruses, trojan, etc)") are.

Regardless, it's a great program.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
@randj89
I'm well aware it's not a security program per-se, but it does possess some security features(mentioned above). My previous questions were wrote as I was curious as how effective those features (especially "Protect from malicious application (viruses, trojan, etc)") are.

Regardless, it's a great program.

Talking from my past experience with Kerish Doctor. It's not, yet is not useless. It actually download signatures from update module, there is a scan module for sure. It will detect a vary of things based con regular signatures. I may remember the heurostic word somewhere in settings or info. It could also use cloud or not, thing is it wasn't in in the same league that an AV like ESET plays IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.