Solved Keyboard acting weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagonsho

Thread author
Jul 29, 2013
My keyboard has been acting funny for a while now.

For Example:

When I Press the spacebar it makes a slash and then a space :"\ "
the "x key reloads the current page
the "m" key does this "6m"
the "v" key does "5v"
the "5" key over the letter keys does "5v"
the "5" key in the numpad does "53" (the 3 in the numpad does the same thing)

There's a few more but you can see how it could be annoying.

xpressive

Level 1
Verified
Jul 28, 2013
Try to use virtual keyboard, if same then that's your registry problem.
If not, what kind of keyboard do you have?

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Did you try using Ctrl + Shift this resets the keyboard to default{normal layout}

If it's wireless check the batteries

As xpressive posted try the virtual keyboard{on screen keyboard} You find that in Start > All Programs > Accessories > Ease of Access > On Screen Keyboard or by entering osk.exe in the Run/search box and hit enter

Try a different keyboard

Upvote 0

wagonsho

Thread author
Jul 29, 2013
It is the built in keyboard for the laptop
Ctrl + Shift does not seem to have any effect.
also for the onscreen keyboard I get this error:

http://i.imgur.com/TSr5Gn2.png

Upvote 0

navsin

Jan 29, 2016
any updates on how to fix this situation ? i seem to have the same problem . i tried everything mentioned above whenever i type "a" this comes on "a\7" then when i use space for some reason it works as the numlock key . any solutions ? Thank you in advance

Upvote 0

oshaath

Jun 21, 2018
Hello. Try to install a new language. In my case, for example, the problem didn't get solved until I installed English (United Kingdom) Language although English (United States) was already installed.

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Click on your language, and make sure you have the right keyboard enabled. There are various layouts available even within a single language.
For instance, my keyboard layout for English language is called
US
QWERTY

If QWERTY is not selected for your language, try selecting it.

Upvote 0

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Click on your language, and make sure you have the right keyboard enabled. There are various layouts available even within a single language.
For instance, my keyboard layout for English language is called
US
QWERTY

If QWERTY is not selected for your language, try selecting it.

Probably solved by now @shmu26 as the OP's phone is now 5 years old and will most likely have gone to the big graveyard in the sky. The other posters too was from 2 years ago :oops:

I have lost count of the times i have replied to a post only to find that it is a couple of years old then i feel like a fool when i realise that someone resurrected an old post :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

thread-necromancy.png

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.