I have a Dell Inspiron 3521 laptop. I can access the BIOS using F2 during boot. But inside BIOS I can't change any setting as the keyboard doesn't seem to type. The CPU fan seems to rotate fast inside BIOS. Please help.
Well the other problem is the laptop doesn't power on with the battery plugged in. So I use it with direct current with battery removed. BIOS software doesn't continue the installation.I would try to reset/update your BIOS as a first step:
For a first step, try this. If it doesn't work, we'll try something else.
- Detach all your devices from the laptop
- If Windows loads, download the BIOS version for your laptop from DELL (use a serial number or product code from the bottom of your laptop to help Dell identify your exact model)
- Disable all your security software's realtime protections, including Windows Defender
- Close all your running apps, save your work
- Update BIOS - do this with the battery in place and charged at least 50% (if 50% means keeping your laptop alive under heavy load for at least 15-20 mins - it won't take that long, just to be sure)
- Wait for the message that says you can safely reboot (or wait for it to reboot by itself)
- Check again
You should send your laptop to an authorized Dell service point and stop trying to fix it yourself. None of the symptoms make any sense in my opinion, unless hardware or firmware failure is involved, which may require special tools and skills.Well the other problem is the laptop doesn't power on with the battery plugged in. So I use it with direct current with battery removed. BIOS software doesn't continue the installation.
Still no luckHi in my opinion it seems a problem of configuration of the bios can't reset the bios alkguna so that it is not from the bios?
Can be setup USB bios off?
I used to repair PCs and some for the USB keyboard disconnected and not being able to configure Bios to start Pc function perfect, having to use old keyboard of connection with pins on these cases so I think it is configuration bios USB keyboard off.
Reset BIOS: Dell 3521:
Remove the battery for about 2 minutes and press the on button for 2 minutes without battery.