Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hey guys
What RC means?
Release Candidate is like a preview of the final product, but one that may have some glitches.
It's like the Beta version that's closer to release (with good amount of testing already done on Beta, almost ready for a release) but not the build to be released to the public as it is. Some changes (including fixes) noted and implemented, it is released then.
And many a times, RCs are available to a limited set of customers or testers.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Will this RC automatically update to the RTM version?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Not automatically, at Kaspersky's take some time... and usually They publish the 1st Patch A with every new MR0 official release...
So what is the recommended procedure, when the official release comes out?

Reactions: PCGamer

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think the installer in ftp2 I posted some days ago here is final or TR which usually is the same as final... anyway the procedure should be delete active license and "detach" the system in our "My Kaspersky" account (or keep it in the system during uninstalling), uninstall it, and install the new final/official installer.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
How light is new Kaspersky?
The release candidate (2018) that Harlan4096 shared via that ftp link right?
I don't have my system and can't share screenshots, but if you were ever concerned about occasional heaviness with the earlier public version (2017), you will feel some really noticable difference in overall system performance with this 2018 build you're asking about. Try it yourself ;)

Last edited:

amir 957

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
The release candidate (2018) that Harlan4096 shared via that ftp link?
I don't have my system and can't share screenshots, but if you were ever concerned about occasional heaviness with the earlier public version (2017), you will feel some really noticable difference in overall system performance with this build. Try it yourself ;)
Yes, i mean Kaspersky 2018

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Yes, i mean Kaspersky 2018
Hello!
I'm using the KIS 2018 Build that Harlan Kindly posted here
And Its Amazing
Also even with TAM On And Max Protection Its really light even when I'm playing games + Google chrome open with tabs all the time
Nothing crashes or BSOD or any lag
The computer not freezing or anything.

amir 957

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Hello!
I'm using the KIS 2018 Build that Harlan Kindly posted here
And Its Amazing
Also even with TAM On And Max Protection Its really light even when I'm playing games + Google chrome open with tabs all the time
Nothing crashes or BSOD or any lag
The computer not freezing or anything.
And is it as light as AV's like eset or avast?

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I don't even notice KIS is installed on my machine unless it notifies me of something. But of course you should test any security solution on your machine before buying... I had a computer that got noticeably slow when I tried ESET on it. Other would take ages booting with an old version of KIS. Basically do not rely on posts saying that product X is "light" or "heavy" always test on your own machine whenever possible.

carl fish

Level 7
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
Cookinpro I'm not sure but I have been checking the website every day there is no 2018 version yet on the Australian or USA websites, you can run the current build of Kis 2018 if you want to because it's running fine on my computers and I have no problem's yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

cookinpro

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
Cookinpro I'm not sure but I have been checking the website every day there is no 2018 version yet on the Australian or USA websites, you can run the current build of Kis 2018 if you want to because it's running fine on my computers and I have no problem's yet.
@carl fish

Thanks for the info. I used to have Outpost Security Suite Pro and I really loved it. Once I had to switch to Kaspersky, I found it to be about the best replacement possible for Agnitum.

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.