shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Any changes in Trusted Applications Mode with KIS 2018?
Does it work more smoothly now?

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Wow. What happened?
Did you run the scan applications tool before enabling, and whitelist the FPs?
was frozen with SD, disabled Trusted application while frozen, rebooted unfrozen, Trusted turned back on, and this number popped up, the list doesn't load anymore and rescanning doesn't help.

Reactions: shmu26

carl fish

Level 7
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
are Kaspersky using KSN to improve their detection rates? I really like Kaspersky but I wish their Behavior blocker was a little bit more like the Emsisoft at times, I like the emisoft has alerts telling you if the application is safe or not and gives a choice to remove it or not like norton even.

was frozen with SD

If you ask Kaspersky Support, they will tell you that Shadow Defender and Kaspersky are incompatible. In fact, if you open a support case they will ask you to run a data collection tool. When they see Shadow Defender installed, they will request you to uninstall it before they will proceed with the support case.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
was frozen with SD, disabled Trusted application while frozen, rebooted unfrozen, Trusted turned back on, and this number popped up, the list doesn't load anymore and rescanning doesn't help.
After you enable TAM, you can't scan. You need to disable it first. Then open the TAM tab, and click on the bottom option, to let it scan your system. Then, after the scan, view the results, and whitelist everything you need.

Reactions: harlan4096

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
If you ask Kaspersky Support, they will tell you that Shadow Defender and Kaspersky are incompatible. In fact, if you open a support case they will ask you to run a data collection tool. When they see Shadow Defender installed, they will request you to uninstall it before they will proceed with the support case.
how does this exactly help me?

After you enable TAM, you can't scan. You need to disable it first. Then open the TAM tab, and click on the bottom option, to let it scan your system. Then, after the scan, view the results, and whitelist everything you need.
will try your way of enabling TAM.

Reactions: shmu26

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I don't know if Kaspersky is incompatible with Shasow Defender.
Just yesterday i installed KAV 2018 and i already had SD enabled.
I didn't have a single problem and KAV run very smooth.
Maybe there is a problem with KIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.