Status
Not open for further replies.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
FYI Patch B fixed the enormous amount of trusted application entries bug, I just re-enabled it and it's empty now.

Good to know. I don't use that feature but have been thinking of giving it a shot. Thanks!

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I installed the 2017 version, but did not like it due to very high CPU use when scanning. I upgraded to the beta to see if there was any improvement, but the CPU use seems to be just as high.

Apart from the high CPU use, it seems to be an excellent product. I really like that it is easy to ignore files you don't want to quarantine.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
With beta version do You mean 2018 version or...? where did You download from?

What do You mean with high CPU? in general K2017 was not so bad even in old systems, and I think 2018 is even lighter, could You please share Your hardware specs, Windows version and other security tools installed in Your system?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Yes, the 2018 version, v18.0.0.405, which I downloaded from Softpedia.

The very high CPU is when I'm running a scan. It stays at around 80 to 90%. The computer is running Windows 7, 64 bit on a system with a Core 2 Duo T7200 CPU, and I have no other security software installed. It's not the fastest of processors, but, in comparison, I installed Panda Global Protection after uninstalling Kaspersky, and CPU did not go much over around 25% when scanning.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
That's so strange, here using KTS2018b in an Intel T4300@2'10Ghz + 4GB RAM + W10CU Pro x64 + SSD Sansumg EVO 250GB, and not getting by far so high while a selective scan (here as maximum about 63% of CPU) and having Security set yo High for Scans...

Did You tweak something in K2018?

In Performance Settings try to enable -> Postpone computer scans tasks... (I have it disabled)

Reactions: Berny

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I didn't tweak anything. I tried setting the security level to Low, but that didn't appear to make any difference.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Installers were there, but it seems they have removed them...

Reactions: Berny

stevethetester

Level 1
Verified
Jan 3, 2016
downloaded kaspersky total security 2018 some weeks ago and run it in trial mode for just over 3 weeks after which I entered my purchased serial number for the 2017 version which was accepted straight away just over 2 weeks ago. It is running faultlessly and isn't hogging my pc's resources anymore than pretty much any other modern security suite, in fact it feels pretty snappy even on a low spec pc compared to other that I recently tested. There are some worthwhile upgrades compared to the 2017 version and can't see any downside in upgrading now. The following link is still valid and is the one I used: Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 18.0.0.405 - Download the latest freeware, shareware and trial software - Downloadcrew
and you will see on the download info that it is indeed the "final" version and not the beta version. Hope this helps. steve

Reactions: Parsh and ZeroDay

total

Level 1
Verified
Oct 5, 2014
direct download links : Build: 18.0.0.405.0.1280.0

l KIS 18.0.0.405ab l l KAV 18.0.0.405ab l l KTS 18.0.0.405ab l l Release Notes l

WHAT'S NEW IN KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY 2018

Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 provides the following new features:

• Added notification from Web Anti-Virus regarding pages containing adware or legitimate software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data.

• There is now protection against infection while the operating system is being restarted.

• There is now the capability to navigate from the Licensing window to the My Kaspersky portal to view information about the activation code.

• You can now add a new activation code if the license has expired.

• There is now a user-defined list of domains for which connections are not controlled by the application.

• Improved technology for counteracting the modification of user files by malware, particularly by encryptors.

• Diagnostics of application installation issues have been improved. Now, when there is a problem with application installation, the application saves the installation logs instead of deleting them.

• Application Self-Defense during upgrade to a new version has been improved. Now there is protection for not only the current version but also for the newly installed application prior to it being started for the first time.

• Improved speed for certain installation scenarios, the first startup, and the first update of the application.

• Improved notification that appears if you disable the System Watcher component. The notification now contains a more detailed description of the consequences of disabling the component, especially regarding the resultant lack of protection against encryptors.

• The procedure for displaying notifications has been improved.

• The application now waits a longer amount of time before displaying a notification about outdated databases and application modules when the computer wakes from sleep mode.
MAIN KNOWN ISSUES

• If the "Always scan encrypted connections" check box is selected, the application will scan encrypted connections even if you have paused protection.

• If the application was installed together with Kaspersky Password Manager and its active plug-in, the Internet Explorer browser does not display the On-Screen Keyboard quick launch icon in the login and password fields. You can open the On-Screen Keyboard by pressing the key combination CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+P.

• If the application was installed over one of the previous versions, part of the managed applications may disappear from the list in Parental Control settings.

• After you enable the Anti-Banner component, banners on pages that are already opened in your browser are not blocked until you refresh the pages.

• If the application was installed in Windows 7 and you upgraded the operating system to Windows 10 but now want to revert back to Windows 7, you are advised to uninstall the application and install it again after reverting back to Windows 7.

• On certain websites, the application may block the download of additional pages in pop-up windows or frames. To resolve this issue, clear the "Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages" check box in the network settings of the application.

• If the application was installed on one of the previous versions, Trusted Applications mode is disabled by default even if it was enabled in the previous version.

• If interactive protection is disabled, tasks for processing threats on your computer from the My Kaspersky portal might not be performed.

• Certain types of objects from the category “Legitimate software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data" are not processed from the My Kaspersky portal. These threats must be processed on the computer.

• If Microsoft Edge cannot switch to Protected Browser mode, the application starts a different browser installed on your computer in this mode.

Fede90

Level 2
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
I was a Kaspersky user in 2014 and 2015, an awesome program then i changed but i don't remember why, maybe the price. For last 2 years i used Avira but not a very good experience like KIS. Now i come back again and i'm very satisfied as in the past. Light on pc performance, light file installation, fast real time protecion. Imho the best.

ras74

Level 2
Verified
May 11, 2014
627 mb ram full scan:eek::mad:.BitDefender is lighter when full scan
61ja_photo_2017-07-20_18-32-15.jpg

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Are there any working download links for KIS 2018 Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.