King Mellow's Layered Security 2016

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security | SecureAPlus | AppGuard | KeyScrambler Premium | AdGuard Premium | Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit | McShield Anti-Malware | Unchecky |
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware | HitmanPro | Crystal Security |
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | WOT | LastPass | Stealth Mode | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Mozilla Firefox - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | LastPass | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Maintenance tools
CCleaner | Wise Care 365 | Revo Uninstaller Pro | Auslogics Disk Defrag | Kerish Doctor |
File and Photo backup
None
System recovery
Windows Backup and Restore | AOMEI Backupper |

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Are you sure? last time I try it..it's messing my windows update somehow, but of course the results may be vary since differenct PC differenct config/drivers etc. I wish it's not gonna happen to you though :)
if you really want to use it at least don't use the "tune up" feature, I too still waiting 360 TS till get mature..can't wait to use it :D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Something you might think about, that I've read about here, particularly when evident slowing occurs after a new AV is introduced to a system, is the fact some AV's intelligently learn how to recognize & work with systems. So, in some cases it may take an initial 'introductory time period' to pass before the AV is able to work as well with your system as it should.

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
When last we'd heard, 360 TS was in beta, but since bouncing news & thoughts back & forth on the 360 Total Security thread, #10 http://malwaretips.com/threads/360-total-security.27718/#post-202688
Now #11 links to a new update which may or may not help depending upon whether you've tried it yet.
I hope it works for you soon, Buddy!:)

Update: You can check which applications are running at Start-up (CCleaner has an option to enable/disable such apps. as well as using Windows Task Manager);) as non-essential programs running can cause this type of slow down.

Last edited:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
After showing the Windows 8 logo it takes 40+ or sometimes 30+ secs of black screen. :( Is it normal? Even though I've uninstalled 360 TS I'm still having that boot time. :(
when i installed emsisoft antimalware , i also got 35-50 seconds black screen at startup, removed it & now get less then 10 second black screen at bootup. i'm using 360TS too. check ur startup process,items. btw what security programs are u using right now?

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I removed Windows Firewall Control, Zemana AntiLogger, and also 360TS but it's still slow. Other security programs are AdGuard and McShield. I reinstalled 360IS and I'm still having that problem. I never experience slow boot with 360IS before until I installed 360TS. :mad:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I removed Windows Firewall Control, Zemana AntiLogger, and also 360TS but it's still slow. Other security programs are AdGuard and McShield. I reinstalled 360IS and I'm still having that problem. I never experience slow boot with 360IS before until I installed 360TS. :mad:

Start by pressing windows on the key board & R,then type in the search box (msconfig) with out the brackets,go to start up & see what you have running that you don't need and untick them then go here & do what it tells you http://www.guidingtech.com/2955/fix-slow-windows-startup-boot-performance-diagnostics/ then report back:)

Last edited:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Process explorer works better then kill switch imao also it scans automatically every process & files through virus total so u can easily know which is harmful process/application & which is not, it has also a potable version. Comodo autorun analyzer takes some time to load. No need to install CCE since most on-demand scanners/AV scanners detect malware from CCE quarantine which is annoying & if he not planning to use CCE then it's better to use portable version of process explorer & autoruns.

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Dang! It's still slow. Is there any option aside from refreshing the PC. I don't wanna start back to zero. :(

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.