Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Biozfear said:
Still a bit skeptical on this product but hey I would use this one over Outpost...
Kingsoft AV 2012 BETA - had a few bugs, but was light and fast
Kingsoft AV 2012 SP3.5 - was light and fast
Kingsoft AV 2012 SP4.0 - felt a bit heavier and an additional process for Vuln. Scanner.
Kingsoft AV 2012 SP3.5 with Local Vir. Lib. - felt a bit heavy, uses CPU a bit.

Kingsoft AV 2013 will be different, I heard using their own 2 engines (or something like that) - I might be wrong.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
more proof that Kingsoft full antivirus using Avira.....

[attachment=2171]

[attachment=2172]

really sorry for real bad quality screenshots......

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 553
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 514

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Earth said:
Kingsoft AV 2013 will be different, I heard using their own 2 engines (or something like that) - I might be wrong.
Yeah you misinterpret it a little. :) They are adding two engines, one being new and the other an upgrade.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I thought I was wrong, thanks for correcting me. :)

G

Guest28

I just installed kingsoft and i have to say they have improved so much. I love the way it installs and how quick it is to open. They have improved their detection rate as well. I noticed they have some what of a zero day malware detection component. This is the lightest antivirus that i have ever installed on my system so far. I hope kingsoft will keep improving!

D

Deleted member 178

Seems they are using Avira engine + lib when you choose the version with local installer.

P

Plexx

Umbra Corp. said:
Seems they are using Avira engine + lib when you choose the version with local installer.

Yep they use the Avira engine. Only downfall on that version is scanning: RAM and partial CPU spikes...

G

Guest28

Kingsoft Antivirus SP5.0 is coming soon! http://www.kingsoftsecurity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=894&sid=64204e888c0953d7c2a29d84509f0e55

D

Deleted member 178

They said it is compatible with any AVs except Vipre, but im not sure about it for the Avira module.

G

Guest28

They will improve the detection of the defense so hopfully the detection of suspicious file warnings will be more trigger happy.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Single-Product-Test Kingsoft AV September 2012

According to recent tests conducted by AV-comparatives.org aiming to measure the performance of Kingsoft Antivirus 2012, the freeware application achieved 99.8% detection rate for 240859 malware samples including viruses, bots, trojan horses, backdoors and Internet worms.

http://www.neowin.net/news/kingkingsoft-antivirus-2012-sp53

Tested with SP3.5 Cheetah / Last revised - 8th Oct' 12

http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/docs/sp_ftd_kingsoft_201209_en.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.