KIS 2013: Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
I'm currently using KIS 2013 and I want to change my KIS settings so that whenever I run any virus program or any thing else that it's malicious,KIS should block it instead of deleting it or disinfect it.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello Unknown,
If I understand correctly ,you want KIS 2013 to just block a threat instead of deleting it or trying to disinfect the file right?
While I would advise you to let KIS 2013 on its default settings, here is how you can modify its behavior:
1.Open KIS 2013 and click on the Settings button (in the up-right part of the user interface)
2.In the Protection Center tab, click on File Antivirus and check Select action and unckeck all the options under it.
HiRRj.jpg

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Thanks. but i tried this i tried it on one virus which KIS is showing as virus when i scan but when i run it not blocked by the KIS

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Can you show us a screenshot to see which component of KIS got this virus?

How to take and post a screenshot:
Press the "PrtSc" (Print screen) key (upper right part of your keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or png, Not bmp).
Open your browser > Go here > Select "Computer" > Browse to the image that you want to upload and the link your next reply.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
One another note, if you are looking to block everything that isn't trusted by Kaspersky, you can follow these steps:

1. Open KIS 2013 and click on Settings
2.In the Protection tab, click on Application Control and under Restrict Applications, in the For unknown applications, check Move to the following group automatically and select Untrusted.
8F1Kw.jpg

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Jack said:
Can you show us a screenshot to see which component of KIS got this virus?

How to take and post a screenshot:
Press the "PrtSc" (Print screen) key (upper right part of your keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or png, Not bmp).
Open your browser > Go here > Select "Computer" > Browse to the image that you want to upload and the link your next reply.

Sorry but i tried it again to print screen than it detect it now i would suggest it close this thread

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Initially you mentioned it was detected but not blocked.

Did this solve the issue you were not able to experience?

Out of pure curiosity, what type of file is it and could you post VT Results for it? :)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Earth said:
Initially you mentioned it was detected but not blocked.

Did this solve the issue you were not able to experience?

Out of pure curiosity, what type of file is it and could you post VT Results for it? :)

i send you PM please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.