Advice Request KIS - Automatic Removal Of Threats?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
I have a question about kaspersky products- why does it not perform the set action of the user once a threat has been detected and it asks the user to resolve by disinfecting, deleting etc.?

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
By default, K. is set and forget, removing malware automatically in the system and blocking malicious URLs... only with PUPs You will get a warning in the main GUI, to take actions...

To get prompts to take actions in all cases, You have to change to Interactive Mode:

1663520995836.png

So, You will get “Ask User” option in the applicable modules:

1663521072528.png

Last edited:

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
By default, K. is set and forget, removing malware automatically in the system and blocking malicious URLs... only with PUPs You will get a warning in the main GUI, to take actions...

To get prompts to take actions, You have to change to Interactive Mode:

View attachment 269427

View attachment 269428
And does delete function delete it permanently or it is sent to quarantine? If it is permanent, then kaspersky should make a quarantine option also

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
And does delete function delete it permanently or it is sent to quarantine?
In theory, it should be moved to quarantine... why I say “in theory”?? Because I've found there are some cases that K. sometimes remove a malicious file but not saving a copy in quarantine.

What is the pattern of this behaviour? I don't know, probably a bug...

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016

To get prompts to take actions in all cases, You have to change to Interactive Mode:

View attachment 269427

View attachment 269428
KIS should automatically disinfect using one of the 2 methods and then delete. It asks for disinfection without restart or with restart. So, it is very annoying.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
Thanks. I selected select action automatically and i tested it. It automatically deleted the threat after around .5-2 minutes. KIS showed 1 issue for the malware which had resolve as an option. After around .5 minutes it got automatically deleted.
So, I think I finally understood- If i select disinfect and delete if disninfection fails, then it asks for the disinfection method first. So selecting perform action automatically in file antivirus solves the problem though it does after a few seconds.
I would suggest Kaspersky to add the ability to do the simple disinfection first automatically and then the advance one if it is possible and even if that does not work then delete the threat.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.