Hot Take KIS/KTS/KSCloud/KStandard/KPlus/KPremium - Implementing Protected Folders via Manage Resources (+ Default Deny Mode)

Kaspersky
107 Replies 35,638 Views
Of course, it's very restrictive hehe have You tried it?
yea I am using it for more than 2 months without any problem, I used it in interactive mode with "Ask User" rather than Deny, I couldn't find any software other than macrium reflect and kerish doctor,iobit asking to access it.
 
Is it a must that we have to add protected folders under Personal data> User Files? Can we just add the protected folders just under Personal Data rather than Personal data> User Files?
 
@harlan4096 I configured KTS using the instructions in your first post, update post and Shukla44's post. But when starting my laptop, I am getting this popup error.

error.png


Though I am logged in as Administrator, I am denied permission to access "WindowsApps" folder. Tried in Safe Mode, I can access "WindowsApps" folder but cannot delete the folder "AppUP.Intel....".
I reverted to KTS default config and the popup error did not show. Is something wrong in my config?
 
Last edited:
Did You check if that app was moved to UnTrusted group in Application Control / Intrusion Prevention? If so, You can move to Trusted group, and it should fix the warning.

Maybe that file is not digitally signed or not very well-known in KSN yet…
 
Did You check if that app was moved to UnTrusted group in Application Control / Intrusion Prevention? If so, You can move to Trusted group, and it should fix the warning.

Maybe that file is not digitally signed or not very well-known in KSN yet…
This was the KTS log for that file
Today, 12/25/2022 6:40:05 AM Application Control was triggered IGCC IGCC.exe C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience_1.100.4232.0_x64__8j3eq9eme6ctt 12560 RM-PC\RM Active user evtModify Allowed Allowed IGCCApp.db C:\Users\RM\AppData\Local\Packages\AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience_8j3eq9eme6ctt\LocalState Personal data
 
Move IGCCTray.exe to Trusted group (Error Verifying Signature).

Also, one of the IGCC files appears as not digitally signed (Missing) 🤔
Moved to Trusted, restarted PC and the popup error did not display. Thanks for the help.
Since Intel files are installed automatically, I don't know why 3 files are missing digital signature and only "IGCC" is digitally signed. Any suggestion how to get the digital signature for those files?
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top