New Update Kiwi Browser for Android - Free and Open Source

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Wow. Kiwi browser is making a come back

For info, for now the latest version of Kiwi is 110. (which is the latest stable version of Chrome, 110 was released a week ago by Google) so just wait a bit and you'll see it in the store / GitHub.

Screenshot-20230223-073831-org-ungoogled-chromium-extensions-stable.jpg

Unquote

Read here

For those using Kiwi browser or intend to use it please read below.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyberDevil
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

@Harlan, thanks for the info on Kiwi (y)

Kiwi tracking all you search queries and inserting ads into the search results. It seems to copy the Brave model of intercepting queries and inserting its own ads (at least Brave is open theirr alternative advertsing scheme). On the other hand Edge with Bing and Chrome with Google more or less do the same. Advertising makes the free internet possible.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

Kiwi tracking all you search queries and inserting ads into the search results. It seems to copy the Brave model of intercepting queries and inserting its own ads (at least Brave is open theirr alternative advertsing scheme). On the other hand Edge with Bing and Chrome with Google more or less do the same. Advertising makes the free internet possible.

Hmmm..................not seeing ads as I'm using SearXNG search engine

:D

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: cryogent
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Hmmm..................not seeing ads as I'm using SearXNG search engine
When I read the two inks you provided, I read that Kiwi just inserted results. Because the author of FFupdater was really angry (on Kiwi) and English is not my first language I assumed he meant inserting ads, but Kiwi could also "upgrade" paying customers by inserting them higher in results list, without marking them as ads (which could explain why the author of those posts was so angry).

He also explicitely mentioned the default search engines, so you might be evading this problem or having this problem without realizing it. You can check it by using the same search engine in a different browser and compare the results.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
When I read the two inks you provided, I read that Kiwi just inserted results. Because the author of FFupdater was really angry (on Kiwi) and English is not my first language I assumed he meant inserting ads, but Kiwi could also "upgrade" paying customers by inserting them higher in results list, without marking them as ads (which could explain why the author of those posts was so angry).

He also explicitely mentioned the default search engines, so you might be evading this problem or having this problem without realizing it. You can check it by using the same search engine in a different browser and compare the results.

I'm not too sure about the results of other search engines, besides Yahoo and Bing, will or will not be redirected to Kiwi servers. Anyway, I'm using SearXNG search engine

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I'm not too sure about the results of other search engines, besides Yahoo and Bing, will be redirected to Kiwi servers. Anyway, I'm using SearXNG search engine
You can check it by comparing search results using the SearXNG engine in a different browser.

Reactions: HarborFront

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

o_O

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.