Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
sc.jpg

Kompas Antivirus designed to fight off all malware types especially to detect
RATs, keyloggers, stealers, crypters, binders, spywares, worms and more.

Just relying on a single vendor is not sufficient to completely protect you. You do need a second layer to make sure you are secure. Kompas Antivirus features simple interface to make it simple and easy to use.

1. Work alongside existing with other antivirus software without any conflicts.

2. Advanced heuristic techniques for detecting file infector viruses and VBS worms.

3. Best USB Antivirus with advanced heuristic techniques for preventing the spread of malware through USB flash drive.

4. The databases are regularly updated automatically with records of new threats.

5. Unlike some free software titles, Kompas Antivirus will remove all threats for free.

Homepage
Download (Softpedia)

VirusTotal scan results

Youtube

NOTE: They are no reviews that I can find about this product, 6 AV engines detected malware but it is most likely false positives. It would be best to test this in Sandboxie or virtual environment to make sure it is safe. Product has a Very Good (4.3/5) rating on Softpedia.

This product is open for testers.

Enjoy!! :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
tapoo said:
ESET-NOD32 a variant of Win32/KompasAV.B

in virustotal result, ESET already detecting it as Kompass AV

There is no info on Eset's site about this detection, I'm thinking it has to be a false positive.

I ran Kompas AV in Sandboxie and I did not find any suspicious behavior.

Thanks. :D

Reactions: indra11tng

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
MalwareCenter said:
It's clean. I already heard about it. Poor detection rate.
I made some screenshots:

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

You must be using a much older version, the current version is 2.0.5.
The images you posted says version 1.6. Maybe you need to test the latest version.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Here is the changelogs from the last two versions:

What's new in Kompas Antivirus 2.0.5:
July 15th, 2013

· Added Proxy option for updating databases.
· Improved Smart Scan feature.
· Faster and lighter database performace.
· Improved heuristic engine to prevent false detection.
· Added 328 virus signatures.

What's new in Kompas Antivirus 2.0.4:
June 27th, 2013

· Added Online Update option.
· Improved scan information and log information
· Added 84 virus signatures.

It looks like they are trying to do a decent job with its development.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
The product suppose to be used as a companion to your real-time AV not as a stand-alone AV, according to the vendor they focus more on the latest fake AV's and other rogueware commonly not detected by most AV's.

It is kind of like MBAM Pro. Since it is fairly new, it will probably be awhile before it compares to the likes of MBAM Pro.

n2HRsRL.png

It already has 237,870 malware signatures, that is very good for a new product.

xpressive

Level 1
Verified
Jul 28, 2013
This antivirus is very popular in Indonesia, the detection level it's very good to compare with some Indonesian local antivirus (example : SMADAV http://smadaver.com)
The owner of this antivirus is very active in this forum
http://smadaver.com/antivirus-lokal-lainnya/kompas-antivirus/

NP: The link I give use Indonesian Language

CMIIW ( Correct Me If I Wrong ) from Indonesia and new to this forum

indra11tng

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2013
MalwareDoctor said:

Message From Developer Kompas AntiVirus
Code:
So KompasAV have been discussed at MalwareTips forum. As an new (local) AV (for detecting latest local threats) , KompasAV is good enough rite? smile Here's the link http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Kompas-Antivirus

I also received a message from site contact about a detection review of KompasAV. Too bad the result was not good enough. I knew the malware pack can be downloaded from that site. Hell yeah, I have added the detection of that pack.

It's a pleasure this one man show product has been talked at MalwareTips. Thanks.

Info : http://malware.web.id/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Testing any security product with malware samples gathered from the web in malware packs will never show you the correct results of what that products can do.

Many areas in the world have local malware infections that are not reported anywhere else. There are several local AV products in China and other parts of Asia which will protect against malware that no other global AV's can detect. Asia is the grand capitol of malware production and most malware infections never leave Asia. The possibility of users who use English getting these infections by chance is next to none.

The best way to protect your system from getting these remote infections is don not install foreign language packs to Windows. If a malware is written in another language and your system doesn't include that language pack then it can not infect Windows. Use Google Translate to visit websites in other languages because it works on a cache which will usually prevent downloading malicious files.

Most malware packs have no info about where the malware infections have been reported, if any at all. There are a lot of malware samples you can find on the web that never get distributed by chance, users would have to look for them and manually download each one.

These kind of samples will give inaccurate results when testing security products with them.

If there was a way to put localization on each malware sample then you might get a much better idea how well your AV could protect you.

So these localized security products are very important to users in those areas because global AV's for example can not detect these local malware. If you live in the Indonesian areas, Kompas Antivirus might be an excellent option to use.

Enjoy!! :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
MalwareCenter said:
I posted a link to Virus Exchange on their forum:

http://malware.web.id/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32

Bad request. The link you followed is incorrect or outdated.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
@Littlebits
"The best way to protect your system from getting these remote infections is don not install foreign language packs to Windows. If a malware is written in another language and your system doesn't include that language pack then it can not infect Windows."
"So these localized security products are very important to users in those areas because global AV's for example can not detect these local malware. If you live in the Indonesian areas, Kompas Antivirus might be an excellent option to use."

I have a question over it.As i live in india & 99% or more computer operates on english as window default lang.So in this situatation mostly local virus are written in english too so still Local AV's like Quick heal or k7 are better than Global AV's like KIS or BIS ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.