Advanced Plus Security Kongo's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Apr 29, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Hardware security key
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
AiProtection Pro by TrendMicro (ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE11000)
Real-time protection
Deep Instinct Endpoint Protection
CyberLock (AutoPilot)
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
Custom security settings
Hardening tools:
- Cyberlock with Intelligent Firewall set to "Aggressive"
- Cyberlock with Security Posture set to "Aggressive"
- Run by SmartScreen (forces SmartScreen to scan files of choice)

- O&O ShutUp10 (recommended settings)
- O&O AppBuster (removed unecessary Windows 11 apps)
- Windows Sandbox



System settings:
- Reputation Based Protections (all modules enabled)
- Smart App Control enabled

- Data Execution Prevention set to AlwaysOn
- Core Isolation: Memory Integrity enabled
- Kernel-mode Hardware-enforced Stack Protection enabled
- Local Security Authority Protection enabled
- Microsoft Vulnerable Driver Blocklist enabled
- Memory Access Protection enabled
- Secure Boot enabled
- Drives encrypted via TPM (BitLocker)
- Windows Update Delivery Optimization disabled
- AutoPlay disabled
- Network Discovery disabled (Public Firewall profile)
- PowerShell --> Constrained Language Mode
- Hide extensions for known file types --> disabled
- Show hidden files --> enabled
- Virtualization enabled

‎‎‎ㅤ‎ ‎
Periodic malware scanners
ESET Online Scanner, X-Sec
Malware sample testing
I participate in malware testing; details below
Environment for malware testing
‎‎‎ㅤㅤㅤ
VMware Workstation Player + Mozilla VPN on host machine while connected to the guest network.

Online Malware Analysis Platforms that I use:


- FileScan.iO
- Intenzer Analyze
- Hybrid Analysis
- VirusTotal
- Sophos Intelix
- ANY.RUN
-
Triage
- Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal
- UnpacMe
- Qianxin Online Sandbox


--> Currently I am barely testing
Browsers and extensions
ㅤ
Mozilla Firefox

Extensions:
- JShelter

- Ghostery
- Bitwarden

Browser privacy and security settings:
- Tracking protection: Strict (enables Total Cookie Protection)
- Enable secure DNS using: Max Protection (ControlD)
- HTTPS-only-mode enabled
- DuckDuckGo set as search engine
- Clearing browsing data on exit
- Search suggestions disabled
- Websites overview disabled
- Blocking incoming location, camera and microphone requests
- AutoPlay for audio and video disabled
- Firefox telemetry disabled
- Blocking pop-ups and third-party redirects
- Warn when websites try to install addons enabled
- Protection against fraudulent content and dangerous software enabled
- AI features are blocked





ㅤㅤ
Secure DNS
ㅤ
- ControlD with balanced native-blocklists + OISD-big (Network-Wide)
- ControlD with strict native-blocklists + Ai Malware Filter (Aggressive) + Hagezi Ultimate + Hagezi TIFs + Automatic IP redirect over Proxy (Only browser)



ㅤ
Desktop VPN
/
Password and passkey manager
ㅤBitwarden Premium
Maintenance tools
PatchMyPC, UniGetUI, GeekUninstaller, Process Lasso and Windows built in tools for cleaning and optimization
File and photo backups
ㅤbackup to external drive when necessary
Subscriptions
    • Google One Standard 200GB
System recovery
Aomei Backupper
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
    • Downloading malware samples
Computer specs
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 TI
CPU: Intel I5 12600K
RAM: 16 GB DDR4-3200 Crucial
Hard disks: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus + 1 TB Western Digital Blue
Notable changes
- Updated for year 2026
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

I'll spend one weekend on him. Trial version 30 days as standard? It is important that banking protection - I really care about this option
And I can see that it has banking protection
 
I tried it and decided to stick with it for the foreseeable future.
Only reason I never really tried it, is that many people on MT are using it. I prefer testing the unpopular ones. But now I can see why F-Secure is used by so many. Light, stable and according to most tests - great protection. (y)
 
Here is some info about ID Protection:
To quote @upnorth :
I recall now why I gave up the first time. It's not as fast as other password managers. It's also not compatible enough. The whole project seems IMO as something F-Secure should give up instead of try fix by simply add another feature. Their other products is more then solid enough.
 
Same here, I am also living in a village and in Germany, it's almost impossible to receive high speed internet, but at least here works good enough for streaming on TV...
Looks like it's a common problem for "Village People" ;) :D

Quite amazing, when I go to Germany I always have a very fast 4G Oo (except with o2.de)
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top