kuya thaddeus' security config

Windows Edition
Other edition for Previous versions of Windows
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Malwarebytes Antimalware and Anti Exploit Trial, MCShield
Periodic malware scanners
Malware-bytes Free (Premium Trial) and Anti Exploit Free, Zemana Anti Malware Free, Avast Antivirus Free, Hitman Pro 64
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome: Adblock, Avast Online Security and Safeprice, Qualys Browser Check, Google Docs Offline, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides, Office Online (all of this are enabled, disabled are not listed)
Firefox, IE
Maintenance tools
Unchecky, Secunia PSI

kuya thaddeus

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 2, 2016
I don't know where these fit in but I also have these

Avast Free (no configuration)
CryptoPrevent

kuya thaddeus

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 2, 2016
oh im a noob! haha sorry, I forgot to say that I also have Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit free (and these things are because of my recent differentia malware attack then cleanup by twinheadedeagle)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
For a good free backup solution may i suggest Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a good and free reliable version. ;)

If you do not have a portable HDD i would suggest Aomei OneKey it will even help you create a new partition ti backup to. :)

kuya thaddeus

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 2, 2016
well, not yet? I'm not sure how large should I partition for my backup (plus I am to transfer some files yet to my ext HDD)

Yay thanks y'all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: safe1st and frogboy

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
My backup is 2TB external harddrive for now.. Backup important files

2TB, I still have about 800GB left. Because backup for 3 systems in the house

Reactions: frogboy

kuya thaddeus

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 2, 2016
I'd probably do both an internal and external backup since I would be using my external HDD often, though it would eat more space

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I recommend using a real-time free or paid Antivirus alongside Malwarebytes Antimalware.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild".

This includes malicious programs and files, such as virus droppers, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and rogue applications that many antivirus programs do not detect or cannot fully remove. That being said, there are many infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does not detect or remove which any antivirus software will, such as file infectors.

It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. In some rare instances, exclusions may need to be set for your specific antivirus product to achieve the best possible system performance.

Source: Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace a...

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
So I should always use, say Virtual Box, everytime I log on to the internet? Or only if I download unsure files?

Yes, use virtualbox IF you want try a software or testing security softwares against malwares. So, if you dont like a software you just uninstall it without leftover something on your real-system

kuya thaddeus

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 2, 2016
Oops my pc suddenly slowed down, it has very little CPU usage but a a high memory usage, is this because of the protection programs?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.