Troubleshoot Laptop stuck on hp logo and I can't even get into computer bios

carl fish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
My Hp Laptop won't boot it's stuck on hp logo and I can't even get into computer bios does anyone know whats going on?
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None I'm not sue what to do
My hp laptop won't boot it's stuck on the hp loading screen I can't even get into computer bios does anyone know what is happening?

Reactions: Nevi and nissimezra

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! Give this a try!
Have you tried performing a hard reset? This drains all power from the notebook and forced the hardware to reinitialize. Here are the steps.

1. Ensure the notebook is powered down.
  2. Remove the battery and AC power.
  3. Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds three times.
  4. Replace battery and AC power.
  5. Attempt to boot notebook.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Besides on the mentioned symptoms, is there any unexpected accidents happened to your laptop? Sometimes they were bit sensitive like hard drives may moved a bit on their position which you must double check it.

Upvote 0

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Hi! Give this a try!
Have you tried performing a hard reset? This drains all power from the notebook and forced the hardware to reinitialize. Here are the steps.

in some model of hp it is a sequence of 2 keys. because you still have the backup battery.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Welcome aboard ComboFix;)
That's true! Maybe boot to DVD/CD is already first choice. Probably not. I guess we should slow down and wait for the OP to reply as all this might be confusing. Hopefully a hard reset will solve the problem.;)
Good to see you are getting a chance to do what you do best. I hope it all goes well. ;)

Upvote 0

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Hi friend, check the RAM, if you have two memories removes one, leave one, if it does the same, removes that there are implementation and put the other, and if not the hard drive, this first, to see if it fixes.

After a hard reset, this ^^^ is what I would do. Take out everything you can, leaving only one stick of RAM - hard drive, any usb sticks, the optical drive, ext. monitor, mouse, battery, etc. Then try it again with different ram in a dif slot. I had a machine once that wouldn't boot if a certain ram slot was populated.

It sounds like the bios is stuck in discovering the hardware elements. You can even pull the keyboard and disconnect the touchpad, or open the machine up and disconnect any daughter boards.

If that doesn't work you may be able to crisis flash the bios to refresh it. It's not without risks, but at some point there's not much to lose.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi Paul! The OP has either solved their problem or is AWOL from MT. The OP is running a lap top which makes it very difficult to dismantal and discontent components.;)

Upvote 0

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Hi donetao. Yes, sometimes it is hard to open the laptop. Usually though the KB and TP are relatively easy to disconnect. The more that can be taken off the better. OP does seem to be missing.

Upvote 0

Irfan Arfianto

Oct 12, 2016
Hi! Give this a try!

Thanks my brother it works

Reactions: shmu26
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.