Well-known
May 4, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
WiFi won't turn on
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Shut down
Flight mode

Fixed. Using Wifi button I didn't know existed xD
I have a Dell laptop the WiFi will not turn back on whatsoever, even after a shut down. It was fine yesterday and this morning.

Nothing dodgy. Been on nothing else. I have no idea why the WiFi won't even turn on.

~LDogg

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
@LDogg - There seem to be a couple of potential solutions in the comments of this video, hope it resolves your problem!
I'll take a look! Ty.

I've even look at the Device Manager within control panel. And under network adapters it seems to see the driver for the WiFi. So annoying.

~LDogg

Reactions: oldschool
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Fixed. Cannot believe this..

Where is the Wireless Switch on a Dell Latitude E4300

Now ik for next time.

~LDogg

Don't worry, I've done it too on one of my previous laptops:emoji_flushed: Sometimes I find those buttons are in strange spots where depending how you pick up/move the laptop you can easily hit that switch. One thing I always have a laugh though afterwards it that somehow us techie's always think the worst and next thing you know we have the computer in pieces (and believe me, I've done it lol), meanwhile it was something simple after all.

Reactions: upnorth and LDogg
Upvote 0

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Don't worry, I've done it too on one of my previous laptops:emoji_flushed: Sometimes I find those buttons are in strange spots where depending how you pick up/move the laptop you can easily hit that switch. One thing I always have a laugh though afterwards it that somehow us techie's always think the worst and next thing you know we have the computer in pieces (and believe me, I've done it lol), meanwhile it was something simple after all.
Definitely was simple after all. Never knew that button even existed. Which made me laugh. My other half even helped.

~LDogg

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

A funny story for me that I had not too long ago. On my current laptop, I wanted to change the network setting from public to private for my home network and I could not for the life of me find the setting. I did a Google search, followed the instructions and it still wasn't there. I must have installed/uninstalled/reset the network settings like 10 times to no avail. Then I thought well maybe Microsoft moved the setting some where else, because they like to do that with every major update and it drives me crazy, I mean it was fine where it was before. Anywho, as it turns out, if you have UAC on maximum the setting gets hidden, but if you turn UAC down to the default setting it reappears. I was like oh you have got to be kidding me lol:oops:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.