Advice Request LastPass Premium price has increased by 30% in 1 year !

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Today I decided to renew my LastPass Premium subscription because I'm very happy with it.
But I am very disappointed because I noticed a 30% increase in the price of the annual subscription.
So I decided to change my password manager but I don't know which one to choose ?
1.PNG
2.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I would try Bitwarden or 1Password.
Tried both and liked Bitwarden more.
Thanks @Gandalf_The_Grey
Is it possible to try Bitwarden for free ?

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Just received a discount from LastPass (- 15%) , but thanks+++ to @Gandalf_The_Grey I discovered Bitwarden and I like it very much. I'm currently using Bitwarden free and it works very well but I will purchase a 10$ license because I think it is necessary to help this kind of softwares creators.

Capture.PNG

byronbytes

Level 2
Mar 30, 2022
Hello,
Just received a discount from LastPass (- 15%) , but thanks+++ to @Gandalf_The_Grey I discovered Bitwarden and I like it very much. I'm currently using Bitwarden free and it works very well but I will purchase a 10$ license because I think it is necessary to help this kind of softwares creators.

View attachment 265099
I'm glad you found a better password manager! One question about LastPass though...

The way they worded this message "You no longer have acess to your passwords on multiple devices" sounds like they got rid of your passwords in total, also, where does it get stored? In their database? Or privately.

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I'm glad you found a better password manager! One question about LastPass though...

The way they worded this message "You no longer have acess to your passwords on multiple devices" sounds like they got rid of your passwords in total, also, where does it get stored? In their database? Or privately.
yes its in their servers, but your computer encrypts your passwords with your email and master password and sends that data to Lastpass. When you authenticate with your master password at Lastpass.com, Lastpass.com returns all your encrypted passwords, which are decrypted locally on your computer with your email and master password. Every communication happens over SSL, so anything intercepted is doubly useless (since everything is encrypted with not just the SSL keys but with your email and master password).
( if you are using lastpass, i recommended you to change to bitwarden, its open source, not greedy and safer. You can easily migrate all your passwords from lastpass to bitwarden.)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.