Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Source: Introducing LastPass 4.0 | The LastPass Blog

Recent changes to LastPass:

v4.0.0 - Jan 5th 2015 -- Chrome/Safari/Firefox/IE
  • New: LastPass 4.0 features a completely a redesigned interface in the LastPass vault, browser extension menus, and web vault. The entirely new look and feel includes bigger website icons, simpler navigation, and bolder colors.
  • New: Toggle between Grid or List view in the vault, so you can manage your data the way you want. Grid features large icon tiles for easily spotting a stored item. List view features a condensed list of items with smaller icons. Both views allow you to edit, share, add, move, and delete items, so you can choose the view you prefer.
  • New: The Sharing Center offers one convenient place to manage all the items you've shared and that others have shared with you, including Shared Folders. Available in the vault from the left-hand navigation menu.
  • New: Enable Emergency Access, so you can give trusted family or friends access to your vault in case of an unexpected emergency. Available in the vault from the left-hand navigation menu.
  • New: Multi-select in the LastPass vault, so you can check multiple items at once to move them all to a new folder, share them all, or delete them all at once.
Download Link: LastPass - Download

Last edited by a moderator:
I

illumination

My Google Chrome is still running v3.2.41. How did you downgrade the Chrome extension?
There is an option in the drop down menu for lastpass vault where you normally sign out that allows you to toggle 3.0

Reactions: Hangtooth
H

hjlbx

Does Marvasol recommend uninstall v 3 and then reinstall v 4 - or - can just install v4 "over top" of v 3 ?

I

illumination

@illumination Can you post a screenshot or link? I don't see it.
Actually i cant at the moment, but can guide you.. Click your lastpass icon on the browser to initiate the drop down, click my lastpass vault, in the upper right hand corner is your user name with a drop down arrow, click it and you will have "Toggle 3.0/account settings/help center/log out"

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
@illumination Can you post a screenshot or link? I don't see it.
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.01.05_13h56m07s_001_.png

H

hjlbx

Did Marvasol make any mention about stability\compatibility improvements ?

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Sorry to clarify I picked the 'revert back to 3' that lastpass 4 offered me after I tried 4 and found I preferred 3's layout more. I would assume I am back to the newest version 3.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I only see this, using their website.
upload_2016-1-6_14-7-32.png

Chrome extension: 3.2.41. I will check again, when the LastPass for Chrome v4 auto-installs.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I manually reinstalled LastPass for Chrome to get the updated extension.

upload_2016-1-8_14-56-43.png

As an Android user and accustomed to modern GUI, I know I can adapt to the changes introduced in LastPass 4.0. In the coming days, I will see if this simplified (materialistic) design is missing any features* from LP 3.0 UI.

For example: Google's new UI for Google Page settings do not show *Delete Page option link.

Reactions: illumination

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I use Lastpass Enterprise and they gave me the software 4 days ago for Chrome etc., I think the Enterprise edition is good as the policies you can enact are very specific and secure. But re: version 4 not sure what other security features are under-the-hood?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I found a couple bugs in 4.0.Not anything major or security related just some annoyances which took some changes in the settings to alleviate.However these were not present in 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.