Advanced Plus Security LDogg's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Jan 30, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
VeraCrypt
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Web browser:
  • Bitdefender Trafficlight (Brave)
  • Brave Adblock (built-in)

    Native System:
  • (Primary) Kaspersky Cloud Free 2022 or 3 (not sure aha) (latest updates installed)
  • (Secondary - Came with software) Wise Care 365/Kerish Doctor
  • (Firewall) Tinywall w/ Syshardener settings
Device firewall
Custom security settings
Manual settings for ports and software through Tinywall.
DON'T FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN
Periodic malware scanners
  1. Norton Power Eraser
  2. EEK
  3. Malwarebytes
  4. CCE
  5. MRT.exe (Window Malicious Software Removal Tool)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
Brave:
  • i don't care about cookies
  • Bitwarden
  • Bitdefender Traffic Light
  • Grammarly
  • Brave Adblock (built-in)
Secure DNS
Quad9
Desktop VPN
Windscribe
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
  • Windscribe VPN: Lifetime subscription
  • Vuze
  • Authy Desktop
  • Kerish Doctor
  • Wise 365
  • Virtual DJ
  • NVT Connections Viewer
  • WPD
  • 7-Zip
  • CDBurnerXP
  • Revo Uninstaller
  • Syshardener
  • Run by Smartscreen (Andy Ful)
  • Viber
File and photo backups
Macrium Reflect Free & MEGA (Free 20GB)
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free
Usage and exposure
    • Working from home
    • Online shopping and card payments
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Welcome to my config, feel free to give constructed feedback on changes you think I need to make! Hope you enjoy this read. Yes, I am back AGAIN aha, this is not a mirage or anything, I'm also 4 years cancer-free which I'm so proud of too!

~LDogg
 
Welcome to my config, feel free to give constructed feedback on changes you think I need to make! Hope you enjoy this read. Yes, I am back AGAIN aha, this is not a mirage or anything, I'm also 4 years cancer-free which I'm so proud of too!

~LDogg
Great to see that you are back and wonderful news that you are now 4 years cancer free (y)

Are you using the latest (subscription based) SysHardener?
 
Yeah just had a look, I'll uninstall syshardener then, that's a shame. Any other recommendations on that side of things?

~LDogg
For windows 10 without a doubt Simple Windows Hardening from @Andy Ful :
 
For windows 10 without a doubt Simple Windows Hardening from @Andy Ful :
I'll give these a try at some point, if not, I'll stick to the simple config of Tinywall & Kaspersky.

~LDogg
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top