Advanced Plus Security LDogg's Rugged Laptop Security Setup 2022

Last updated
May 19, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Device sign-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time protection
Web browser:
  • Bitdefender Trafficlight (Brave)
  • Brave Adblock (built-in)

    Native System:
  • (Primary) Kaspersky Cloud Free 2022
  • (Secondary - Came with software) Wise Care 365/Kerish Doctor
  • (Firewall) Tinywall w/ Syshardener settings
Device firewall
Custom security settings
Manual settings for ports and software through Tinywall.
Periodic malware scanners
  1. Norton Power Eraser
  2. EEK
  3. Malwarebytes
  4. CCE
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
Brave:
  • i don't care about cookies
  • Bitwarden
  • Bitdefender Traffic Light
  • Grammarly
  • Brave Adblock (built-in)
Secure DNS
Quad9
Desktop VPN
Windscribe (50GB Lifetime Plan)
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
  • Windscribe VPN: Lifetime subscription
  • Vuze
  • Authy Desktop
  • Kerish Doctor
  • Wise 365
  • Virtual DJ
  • NVT Connections Viewer
  • WPD
  • 7-Zip
  • CDBurnerXP
  • Revo Uninstaller
  • Syshardener
  • Run by Smartscreen (Andy Ful)
  • Viber
File and photo backups
Macrium Reflect Free
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free
Usage and exposure
    • Working from home
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Online shopping and card payments
Notable changes
Removed:
  • SUMo Pro (lifetime license)
  • WhitelistCloud Free
  • Roguekiller Antimalware free
  • Bluestacks
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Welcome to my config, feel free to like, comment and give constructed feedback on changes you think I need to make! Hope you enjoy this read. Yes, I am back, this is not a mirage or anything, I'm also 3 years cancer-free, and everything is well in life too, I even have a daughter now.

~LDogg
 
Welcome to my config, feel free to like, comment and give constructed feedback on changes you think I need to make! Hope you enjoy this read. Yes, I am back, this is not a mirage or anything, I'm also 3 years cancer-free, and everything is well in life too, I even have a daughter now.

~LDogg
Looking good, and good to see you around! Congrats!
 
Welcome to my config, feel free to like, comment and give constructed feedback on changes you think I need to make! Hope you enjoy this read. Yes, I am back, this is not a mirage or anything, I'm also 3 years cancer-free, and everything is well in life too, I even have a daughter now.

~LDogg
Great to see you back and in good health again (y)

About your config: is Bitdefender TrafficLight really needed with Kaspersky Cloud Free 2022 that has it's own extension?
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top