Advanced Security legendcampos's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Jan 20, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Account Control (UAC)
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Windows Defender
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
Windows Defender + Ublock (custom filters coin-miner) + Bitdefender Trafficlight + Tampermonkey (paywall filter)
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes / Eset Online Scanner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
Firefox and Chrome
Secure DNS
It's done by my internet operator, on my pc I use cloudfare
Desktop VPN
Proton VPN
Password and passkey manager
I take notes in a physical notebook written with a pen by hand
Maintenance tools
Any
File and photo backups
Cloud and pendrive
System recovery
I use several hard drives, one is only for Windows, the rest for files and backup. So if the disk with windows gives problems I do a clean install again
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Feedback preference

Showcase only - no advice requested

My biggest concern is this
1674286598692.png
 
I don't have the patience to keep typing password every time I turn on the computer, it's just me who use it.
Even then, say if you had friends over, a jealous ex, someone who disliked you, a friend pranked you, the list could go on, it's rather nonsensical to have not even a PW on start-up (not having a go at you don't worry, just looking out for you). Anyone could access that at any time and make any unwanted changes to your system, this is a bad risk to undertake. Maybe just have a simple PW, which doesn't have to be anything major, better than no security on start-up.

The above is me looking out for you, so all good.

What browser add-ons do you use as well? :P

~LDogg
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top