and sometimes throws an error message; one of bug-rich apps in addition to Vivaldi.fyi/fwiw I have v.26.2.1.2 and internal check_for_updates says I'm current at 26.2, so it seems not to check itself for maintenance releases ?![]()
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
and sometimes throws an error message; one of bug-rich apps in addition to Vivaldi.fyi/fwiw I have v.26.2.1.2 and internal check_for_updates says I'm current at 26.2, so it seems not to check itself for maintenance releases ?![]()
fwiw, I use mostly calc.ods and overall LO has been error-free for me and stable. not sure I would call check_for_updates an error, but see your point. I don't use Vivaldi.and sometimes throws an error message; one of bug-rich apps in addition to Vivaldi.
Which operating system are you using? If you're on Linux, note that only rolling release distros receive every type of update immediately.fyi/fwiw I have v.26.2.1.2 and internal check_for_updates says I'm current at 26.2, so it seems not to check itself for maintenance releases ?![]()
I was looking at LO on win10Which operating system are you using? If you're on Linux, note that only rolling release distros receive every type of update immediately.
Hi simmerskool,fyi/fwiw I have v.26.2.1.2 and internal check_for_updates says I'm current at 26.2, so it seems not to check itself for maintenance releases ?![]()
Berlin, 23 July 2026 – The Document Foundation today announced the release of LibreOffice 26.2.5, the fifth maintenance update to the LibreOffice 26.2 branch. Building on the major feature release published on February 4, 2026, this update delivers targeted bug fixes and stability improvements contributed by a global community of developers and QA engineers.
Skia rendering on macOS and Windows, introduced for better graphics performance, has now been put under experimental mode to avoid crashes and hangs reported by several users after the upgrade from a previous LibreOffice version.
LibreOffice 26.2.5 is available for immediate download at www.libreoffice.org/download/ for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
blog.documentfoundation.org
Thank you @silversurfer mine just prompted for the update when I opened a file. Installed successfully![]()
LibreOffice 26.2.5 is available for download - TDF Community Blog
Berlin, 23 July 2026 – The Document Foundation today announced the release of LibreOffice 26.2.5, the fifth maintenance update to the LibreOffice 26.2 branch. Building on the major feature release published on February 4, 2026, this update delivers targeted bug fixes and stability improvements...blog.documentfoundation.org
Berlin, 26 August 2026 – The Document Foundation today announced the availability of LibreOffice 26.8, the new major release of the free and open source office suite, for Windows, macOS and Linux. Development began in December 2025, and the release consolidates the work of 206 contributors, of whom 155 are volunteers.
LibreOffice 26.8 is available immediately from www.libreoffice.org/download/ for Windows, macOS and Linux, in 120 languages.
Release notes: wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/26.8
blog.documentfoundation.org
Berlin, 4 September 2026 – The Document Foundation today announced the release of LibreOffice 26.2.6, the sixth maintenance update to the LibreOffice 26.2 branch. Building on the major feature release published on February 4, 2026, this update delivers targeted bug fixes and stability improvements contributed by a global community of developers and QA engineers.
LibreOffice 26.2.6 is available for immediate download at libreoffice.org/download for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
blog.documentfoundation.org
Berlin, 2 October 2026 – The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 26.8.1, the first minor release in the LibreOffice 26.8 family, available for Windows, macOS and Linux. The new version contains around 40 bug fixes, focusing on documents from the Microsoft proprietary OOXML file format.
Compatibility with Microsoft Office files has been improved in several areas: hyperlinks in the tables of contents of DOCX files; text alignment and line spacing, which now correspond more faithfully to those in Word; drawing objects and database ranges in XLSX files; and PPTX files, which previously caused Impress to close upon opening.
blog.documentfoundation.org
Update: due to issues with download mirrors, the release is being delayed. Version 26.8.0 is once again offered on the download page of the LibreOffice website. Apologies for the inconvenience – you can check this page to see when the download mirrors are working again. Thank you.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes