Serious Discussion Libreoffice versus Softmaker

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I currently use Softmaker Office 2024. I like it, but it admittedly is a stripped down suite; having only a writer, presentation maker and spreadsheet maker. I also like Libreoffice. I've used that before, in the past. Obviously, the price is attractive; it's free. I switch to SoftMaker office because at the time the import/export filters were better. There were compatibility issue between Libreoffice files and MS Office files. But since then LibreOffice has been upgraded. So my question is, is compatibility still an issue. If Softmaker still better in terms of MS Office compatibility?

Reactions: Keyang556 and Back3

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
LibreOffice has indeed improved its MS Office compatibility over the years, but some complex formatting issues may still occur. However, Softmaker Office is generally considered to have better MS Office compatibility. It's important to note that both have their strengths and weaknesses, and the best choice often depends on your specific needs and usage.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I'm half tempted to use Libreoffice again. I want to see how it's changed. But also, if I remember right, Draw can edit pdfs. Since pdfs are standard, I can always export anything to a pdf and edit it. Can Draw still edit pdfs?

Reactions: Keyang556

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
The general consensus is that OnlyOffice has much better compatibility with MS Office when compared to Libre Office. It is free and Open Source, so you can download and check it out:

Really, I've never once heard that. Do you have any reviews?

Reactions: Keyang556

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.