SecureKongo

Level 4
Well, i recently was looking for a good VPN to unblock US-Netflix as i live in Germany. For my taste pretty much all VPN services are too expensive except Surfshark which has a good rating. Still i was looking for alternatives and found a site called stack social which provides lifetime licenses for quite a low price. They may not provide the best VPNs out there, but it definitely has some decent ones like VPN Unlimited from KeepSolid etc. So I just wanna ask for your opinion, are lifetime subscriptions even worth? I mean why only few companies do it? Seems kinda sketchy to me. Looking forward to your answers! :)

cliffspab

Level 3
VPN Unlimited isn't the fastest but it's ok and works well for streaming services. At the price you can get a lifetime subscription for, the company only needs to stay afloat for a year or so and you're in profit.

Having said that, WIndscribe is far better (although not as reliable for unlocking BBC iPlayer) and you can get a 3-year deal with them for quite cheap whenever the promotion comes round on Stack Social.

MegenM

Level 2
Lifetime doesn't necessarily mean that you will pay once, and then you will never have to pay again in your entire life. Most reputed VPN providers call a 5 or 10-year plan as lifetime. Hence, when you plan to buy a lifetime plan, always do a little research and then proceed accordingly.

The benefit of short (1-2 years) plans is that once the subscription ends, you can either renew it or choose a better deal or service provider that provides features suited to your needs. I too prefer a 1 or 2 yr subscription plan.

ab14

Level 6
I am using VyprAPN which I recommend it. As it has zero logs and provides several locations, Wireguard protocol and DNS protection.

Exclusive VPN Features & Technology | VyprVPN

Annotation 2020-07-10 145335.png
Annotation 2020-07-10 145456.png

Sammo

Level 2
I have tried FastestVPN & VPN Unlimited lifetime plans in the past. I'm not exactly satisfied with them as far as performance is concerned. I have a much better experience with other VPN services that charge you recurring fees.
I recently got a lifetime FastestVPN license for $19.99 and it seems to work quite well. Fast and secure. I had tried it a few years ago and didn't like it at all then. Seems to have been much improved.

Also, a good place to test to see if your ISP can see your torrents is here:
Check My Torrent IP | Proxy & VPN Verification | TorGuard

Last edited:

eXDj

Level 7
Verified
i test windscribe,expressvpn,very bad speed :( nord vpn very bad connection
exemple:-if you have 1gbps with vpn windscribe or expressvpn down = 80 mbps (this 2 not have wireguard ! ) without vpn 940 mbps

-nord vpn 150 mbps (nordlynx -wireguard) but very bad connection
i whait another beta from windescribe to see with wireguard,but for now very bad servers all 3 !!!

Andrew3000

Level 7
Verified
Malware Tester
exemple:-if you have 1gbps with vpn windscribe or expressvpn down = 80 mbps (this 2 not have wireguard ! ) without vpn 940 mbps

i whait another beta from windescribe to see with wireguard,but for now very bad servers all 3 !!!

The problem is the TAP driver on Windows. Test it on any linux distro and you will see that the results will change.

CyberTech

Level 32
Verified

How about ProtonVPN?