Advice Request Lifetime VPN subscriptions - are they worth buying?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Well, i recently was looking for a good VPN to unblock US-Netflix as i live in Germany. For my taste pretty much all VPN services are too expensive except Surfshark which has a good rating. Still i was looking for alternatives and found a site called stack social which provides lifetime licenses for quite a low price. They may not provide the best VPNs out there, but it definitely has some decent ones like VPN Unlimited from KeepSolid etc. So I just wanna ask for your opinion, are lifetime subscriptions even worth? I mean why only few companies do it? Seems kinda sketchy to me. Looking forward to your answers! :)

cliffspab

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 4, 2019
VPN Unlimited isn't the fastest but it's ok and works well for streaming services. At the price you can get a lifetime subscription for, the company only needs to stay afloat for a year or so and you're in profit.

Having said that, WIndscribe is far better (although not as reliable for unlocking BBC iPlayer) and you can get a 3-year deal with them for quite cheap whenever the promotion comes round on Stack Social.

MegenM

Level 3
Well-known
Jun 8, 2020
Lifetime doesn't necessarily mean that you will pay once, and then you will never have to pay again in your entire life. Most reputed VPN providers call a 5 or 10-year plan as lifetime. Hence, when you plan to buy a lifetime plan, always do a little research and then proceed accordingly.

The benefit of short (1-2 years) plans is that once the subscription ends, you can either renew it or choose a better deal or service provider that provides features suited to your needs. I too prefer a 1 or 2 yr subscription plan.

CyberPanther

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
I am using VyprAPN which I recommend it. As it has zero logs and provides several locations, Wireguard protocol and DNS protection.

Exclusive VPN Features & Technology | VyprVPN

Annotation 2020-07-10 145335.png
Annotation 2020-07-10 145456.png

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
I have tried FastestVPN & VPN Unlimited lifetime plans in the past. I'm not exactly satisfied with them as far as performance is concerned. I have a much better experience with other VPN services that charge you recurring fees.
I recently got a lifetime FastestVPN license for $19.99 and it seems to work quite well. Fast and secure. I had tried it a few years ago and didn't like it at all then. Seems to have been much improved.

Also, a good place to test to see if your ISP can see your torrents is here:
Check My Torrent IP | Proxy & VPN Verification | TorGuard

Last edited:

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
i test windscribe,expressvpn,very bad speed :( nord vpn very bad connection
exemple:-if you have 1gbps with vpn windscribe or expressvpn down = 80 mbps (this 2 not have wireguard ! ) without vpn 940 mbps

-nord vpn 150 mbps (nordlynx -wireguard) but very bad connection
i whait another beta from windescribe to see with wireguard,but for now very bad servers all 3 !!!

Andrew3000

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 8, 2016
exemple:-if you have 1gbps with vpn windscribe or expressvpn down = 80 mbps (this 2 not have wireguard ! ) without vpn 940 mbps

i whait another beta from windescribe to see with wireguard,but for now very bad servers all 3 !!!

The problem is the TAP driver on Windows. Test it on any linux distro and you will see that the results will change.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

How about ProtonVPN?

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.