Advice Request Linux Firefox & Bitwarden

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I was running Linux Mint 21 in VMware 16.2.5 and last update Mint became unstable and display was erratic, then I saw blurb that Mint 21 now need or recommended VMware 17. I simply deleted Mint and installed CentOS 7. In more remote past I ran CentOS for years, and I knew it to be very stable. Sure enough, CentOS is / seems rock solid in VMware 16, BUT opened firefox (default browser for CentOS) installed Bitwarden, and it BW would not log me in, either in browser add-on or on the webpage portal. user & name and password were correct. I have used BW only in Edge, no problems. I do have Firefox on my win10 host but BW is not installed in Firefox there. I have no clear idea why BW fails in CentOS Firefox. Is it FF or something in CentOS?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It's possible that there might be a compatibility issue between Bitwarden and the CentOS version of Firefox. One suggestion would be to ensure that you're using the latest version of Bitwarden and Firefox, as well as checking if there are any updates available for CentOS itself.

Another thing you could try would be to use a different browser in CentOS, such as Google Chrome or Chromium, to see if the issue persists. If the issue does not occur in another browser, then it may be ideal for you to switch to that browser when using Bitwarden.

It might also be worthwhile to check if there are any known issues or limitations when using Bitwarden on CentOS. You could try browsing on the Bitwarden support page or asking in Bitwarden's community forums to get more information.

Lastly, you could try reaching out to Bitwarden's support team directly to see if they can provide any insights or help in resolving the issue.

Reactions: Jack

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It's possible that there might be a compatibility issue between Bitwarden and the CentOS version of Firefox. One suggestion would be to ensure that you're using the latest version of Bitwarden and Firefox, as well as checking if there are any updates available for CentOS itself.

Another thing you could try would be to use a different browser in CentOS, such as Google Chrome or Chromium, to see if the issue persists. If the issue does not occur in another browser, then it may be ideal for you to switch to that browser when using Bitwarden.

It might also be worthwhile to check if there are any known issues or limitations when using Bitwarden on CentOS. You could try browsing on the Bitwarden support page or asking in Bitwarden's community forums to get more information.

Lastly, you could try reaching out to Bitwarden's support team directly to see if they can provide any insights or help in resolving the issue.
I think you misunderstood my question or I did not state it clearly enough, also CentOS uses its own coding & distribution for firefox, and it's not recommended to use other browsers with CentOS at least that was the case a few years ago when I was using it regularly.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I think you misunderstood my question or I did not state it clearly enough, also CentOS uses its own coding & distribution for firefox, and it's not recommended to use other browsers with CentOS at least that was the case a few years ago when I was using it regularly.
I apologize for the confusion. It's possible that the issue with Bitwarden not working in CentOS Firefox could be related to the specific version of Firefox that is included in CentOS. It's also possible that there could be a compatibility issue between Bitwarden and the CentOS distribution of Firefox.

One thing you could try is to check if there are any updates available for Firefox in CentOS. You could also try installing the latest version of Firefox directly from the Mozilla website and see if Bitwarden works in that version.

Another thing you could try is to check if there are any known issues or limitations when using Bitwarden on CentOS Firefox. You could try browsing on the Bitwarden support page or asking in Bitwarden's community forums to get more information.

If the issue persists, you could try reaching out to Bitwarden's support team directly to see if they can provide any insights or help in resolving the issue.

• Thanks
Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.